Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Gilbert left ibanez for JACKSON !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Gilbert left ibanez for JACKSON !!!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

jackson PGM:

[ December 27, 2002, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: Shakeel ]

Re: Paul Gilbert left ibanez for JACKSON !!!

That's a joke right? I didn't hear that.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Yeah its a joke i used the ibanez PGM body and pasted a Jackson neck with a reversed headstock and sharkfins on it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't you mean Fackson!
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

It's a Jaibanez! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that is one HOT looking bstard-chile axe!

Comment

The PGM doesn't look right with a Jackson headstock, hehe sorry guys, [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

They only sell the good PGM model overseas now, the PGM 300 with the maple board, Lo Pro Edge, 2 PAF Pros.

Comment

I want a PGM 300 but it's NOWHERE to find in the Netherlands, even the Dutch importer SERLUI doesn't have it.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                They do have a PGM 30, but everyone says the pgm 30 is crap

Comment

Word - you're not serious, are you? What about a Jackson headstock on a *Jackson body design* doesn't look right?
                  You mean you didn't know the Ibenhad RG/JEM body was based on the Jackson Dinky?
                  Maybe you should take another look at the logo on your hero's "Green Meanie" - that was a Jackson, and Ibanez took it as an original design simply because the lower horn was shaved.

Puhlease!

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually th RG was designed by Rich Lasner. He designed the Pacifica series for Yamaha as well. The JEM was designed by Vai, based on the RG. Although Vai did play the Green Meanie, and could have brought some of the same ideas to the guitar, the JEM debuted 3 years after the modern RG line, and 5 years after the RG lines debut. As for Rich Lasner copying the Green Meanie.......The guy is a fukkin genius designer, and if he was here to defend himself could not only tell you about 300 differences between the 2 guitars, but could also wow you with so much guitar building knowledge it would make your head spin. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                    Face it, at the time the Dinky debuted, Rich was a major player in an industry that Jackson was a minor upstart player............ [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

[ December 30, 2002, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Accept2 ]

Comment

Newc I think what Word was saying is that F-holes don't look good on a custom H-S-H Soloist with reverse headstocks [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

It just wouldn't seem right.. hehe

Comment

Just for the record the jackson neck is from a Jackson DXMG the ibanez body from a PGM 30

Comment

A2 - glad you found a hero as well, but when Ibanez was still doing the Roadstar Guitar line (where the RG designation came from), they were copying Charvel and Kramer Strats (rounded body sides, 21 fret maple and rosewood boarded necks, etc). I was there in the early 80's to see it - couldn't play worth a damn but I do recall every guitar I've ever seen - including an Ibanez Axestar Prototype that had a body like a BC Rich Stealth - the Axestar production line was Ibanez' Steinberger copy line.

Anyways, while Ibenhad was selling solid-topped roundhorn single and double-hum Strat-types with brass v-trems, Jackson was already selling the Soloist and Dinky. True, they were not production models, but they were definitely first in the players' hands. The Dinky-style RG (flat-edges) from Lasner were about a year or more behind Jackson, because at the time Jackson was still mostly known for their pointy Vs more than the Soloist/Dinky.
                            "Everyone" wanted Charvel Strats (DiMartini/Jake/Lynch/etc etc) and pointy Jacksons. Since Ibanez was copying what was most popular among established players, they had no reason to venture into the square-edged Strat body 'market', as Jackson's popularity at the time was still below Charvel's - "who wants a neck-through Strat? I'd rather have the Charvel because of its more traditional bolt-on design". I've heard that one a few times.

The very first Jackson I ever held in my hands was a Soloist - it was light pink burst with black edges - and it came quite some time before anyone ever saw the same body design from Ibanez.

"300 differences"? Maybe 4 at most, and those would be limited to body wood, comfort bevel, egde flatness, and lower horn cut. That's for the original RG models. The current ones DO have an advantage in that they are most often h-s-h than h-s-s, but as for outward/silhouette appearances, the RG is a copy of the Dinky.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If the Rg is a copy of the Dinky, then the Dinky is a copy of the Strat, the Rhoads/King V copy of the Flying V, and the Kelly a copy of an Explorer. That is, if you want to compare them on such broad terms. It there was only slight differences in woods, then why are the sales levels of the 2 guitars so different? Its because they are different guitars and appeal to different types of players. Anyone who plays an Ibanez neck knows that it is different from a Jackson neck. The Dinkys also have a smaller body, while the Ibanez has a larger body. I really dont know why you hate Ibanez so much, and feel a need to attack them in every post, but you really are starting to sound like the guys on the FDP....And thats bad....Ibanez this, Ibanez that, like a broken record. Maybe we should all start to bash all the companies that dont make a guitar for us personly, but make fine guitars nonetheless for other players.....

Comment

Working...
                              X