Dave Mustaine's guitar strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine's guitar strap

Does anyone know what brand/size/style guitar strap that Dave Mustaine uses?
    It looks like a plain black leather 4 inch wide strap but I was wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Re: Dave Mustaine\'s guitar strap

Man, I can see asking about guitars, amps, effects, or whatever, but the man's strap?!?!?! I don't want it to seem like I'm busting your balls, but why do you care what strap he uses?

Comment

Perhaps he's creating an info page or an archive of EXACTLY what gear (including straps!) Dave is/was using!

Awaiting KingV1's reply. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's true...I am real picky about getting accurate gear info myself, but straps never interested me too much lol. And by the way, the last pic I saw of him in a magazine, he had a plain black leather strap with a gold Guitar Center logo on it... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Man Boxcar I didn't think I would get slammed about asking about a strap. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] It just looks like a nice thick and comfortable leather strap. Not like the thin leather straps you see all the time. I am a huge Dave Mustaine fan and this is one piece of his gear that no one has any information on. I also like some of the straps that Zakk Wylde uses and I found out that he gets those custom made at www.redmonkeydesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by KingV1:
            I also like some of the straps that Zakk Wylde uses and I found out that he gets those custom made at www.redmonkeydesigns.com
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check out the camoflauge/bullseye LP that Zakk Wylde's holding..it's super-sweet!

Comment

Dude, I wasn't slamming you. I was only asking why you cared what strap the man uses. And I provided you with info too.

Comment

What kind of jockstrap does Dave Mustaine wear?!? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looking to switch brands Joe? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Perhaps a better question from you would be "what kind of adult diaper does Dave Mustaine wear?"

Think about it, he gets thru a whole gig without embarrassing smells and tell-tale lumps appearing, so they must be the good kind. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Yeah, come to think of it, I could use something more absorbent when going out to the bar. I just hate breaking the seal while having too many beers and getting up and possibly losing my seat! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Boxcar I just took it the wrong way. I have been looking at buying a leather strap lately and from the pictures and videos I have of Megadeth his strap looks like it would be the most comfortable of all that I have seen. The one's that Zakk Wylde uses look thin and the ones I have seen at the local GC are thin as well or have some goofy design. Thanks for you help though.

Comment

KingV1, check out strap B in this picture, it is a Fender strap, very, very comfy. I bought one for my PCS Rhoads and when I ever get around to it the Fender logo on the front will become RR or something similar.

Here's what they say about it:
                        B. Deluxe Padded Leather Strap
                        The extra width on this 31/2" strap helps to spread the instrument's weight over a larger area. Absolute comfort with classic Fender Style. Available in black or walnut.

Comment

Thanks for the information Genebaby. I was looking at one on ebay similar to that. Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to replace the Fender logo with something better. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave uses a strap made by Planet Waves...or atleast that was what he was using on the Risk tour. If you're playing a KV-1 like myself, I can recommend a Ralph Martin strap - yes, the novelty ones they sell on Musicians Friend - for $15 bucks I thought I was getting something that looked cool, but I swear it's the most comfortable strap I've used and I have them on both of my KV's now. They are alot less likely to wear in the pockets too if you have the flushmount strap locks. Hope this helps and doesn't get me flamed !!

Comment

I wonder what Dave would think if he saw this thread! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

No flaming meant; just curious! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X