slayer's decade of aggression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slayer's decade of aggression

Is this a great album? I just found it on cdnow and am thinking about picking it up. Does it have a good sound to it cuz some live albums dont have the best sound. thanks and let me know cuz I want a good slayer album in my collection.

Re: slayer\'s decade of aggression

all slayer albums are good!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

It is very good, but some songs sound better than others, Slayers sound is Mid heavy as it is and some of the songs sound pretty thin on the live album, but Slayer still rocks and they are awsome live [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

on a serious tip i've got it but don't remember what it sounds like because it's on cassette and i've had no cassette player for years. guess i should plunk down some bucks for a CD. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I have it too. It rocks! No overdubbing either [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          The sound isn't studio album quality but its very good for a live album. Get it man! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

What did it for me is my friend got me hooked and I saw this video of them on vh1 playing south of heaven then raining blood and seeing that just made me want to hear more. Seeing Jeff with the soloist was just awesome. Slayer really doesnt have that much of bone crushing distortion. Its mids and i think mostly. But they are awesome in the fact that they dont need super in your face crunch to kick a**. They are one of the few bands who actually "play" heavy instead of just having hard hitting distortion. I love bands like that. You can just feel the hate and rage and metal as they play with a mildly heavy tone. I love that about some bands.

Comment

Decade of Aggression is real cool, but I dont really like live albums. I found the sound quality to be fairly decent, especially compared to Live Undead, and 'Til Death Do Us Part.......

Comment

im not a fan of live albums too. but I heard this one great...im gonna check it out.

Comment

I love live albums, and that's one of my favorites. Jeff's guitars are way too quiet, though, Kerry is very dominant on that album, but the album itself is great. Pure Slayer goodness, the most important songs are on there plus some stuff they rarely play (anymore).

Comment

On this video from like 96 of slayer you could barely here jeff's solos. I argued with my friend about it and i dont know if it was the tape or not but you could barely here him. I think Ill pick this one up and see how it is.

Comment

It crushes! Buy it at once! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm listening to it now!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Slayer \m/ heavy-a-good.

Comment

this cd made me a slayer fan

Comment

This is a good album for an overview of their earlier carrer, 1983-1991, which in my opinion are the best years. Seeing Salyer live before they jumped on the nu-metal bandwagon they kicked way more ass back then. This is as close as you can come these days to understanding the band that Slayer WAS, a very aggresive thrash band with a take no prisoners attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X