sammy hagars rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sammy hagars rhoads

I was watching the live video for van halen's "why can't this be love" and saw sammy hagar playing a red neckthru rhoads with no name on the headstock. Anyone know if this is a Jackson/Charvel or some other brand?

thanks

[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Re: sammy hagars rhoads

It's a Jackson, he just got rid of the logo. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

back in the day Sammy NEVER endorsed anyone so all of his guitars had the name covered up
      he also has a cool Jackson Kelly
      so two Jacksons (which he still has and uses)
      why do you think he went to Washburn
      let me see

Grover Jackson

Yep same time Grover worked for Washburn

Comment

At some point last year someone on the forum found his red/yellow kelly in a pawn shop in texas an bought it.
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I don't think that Sammy intentionally de-logo'd his original Jackson Rhoads. It was not originally red and he had it refinned, to fit in with his Red Rocker persona. Sammy had no problem displaying Dean, Kramer, or Jackson logos, like on his Kelly. Interesting story: Sammy once threw his guitar to his tech off stage, he said that it was a 'pointy flying v' and it impaled him in the shoulder. That was probably his Rhoads! Ouch!

Comment

Ouch! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

That'll teach him to pay attention! [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thanks for the replies!

Comment

More Hagar news (from Blabbermouth):

"Former VAN HALEN frontman Sammy Hagar will be performing at New George's nightclub at 842 4th St. in San Rafael, California on Monday, Dec. 23. At 3:00 p.m. on the day of the show, $25.00 gift certificates, toys, clothing and donations will be accepted in exchange for a ticket to the show on that evening. The donations will benefit the Ritter House and Homeward Bound agencies where they assist the underprivileged in this local area. Joining Sammy at the event will be Vic Johnson and Bob Weir, Bob Wasserman and some special guests."
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X