Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince

I think he's freakin' great. Do any of you know what gear he used back in his prime?

Re: Prince

I think he's a kick-ass guitar player, too! I have no idea what he played back in the day. I think Guitar magazine had his whole rig posted a year or so ago. I gotta go dig that out now.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i saw him do an acoustic show at the china club in chicago back around 1992....it was totally cool. the only guitar i've seen him play that aren't the real funky ones was a fender tele. i know that's not much help, but i agree that he rules. most of the time, at least.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The Morning Papers was a good song for sure
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

He used to play Auserwalds, is he not playing them anymore? He does kick ass, but the way he prances around, I'm still waiting for him to announce nuptuals with Rob Halford.....Hmmm, they would make a kick ass album together......Dont want to know about the rest though.........

Comment

Prince has a large collection of guitars, around 65 or 70 in all, including vintage Telecasters and Gibsons. His Teles include both Fenders and Hohners. He also has an Epiphone hollow-body, Warwick basses, and for acoustic work he'll play Gibsons, Takamines, Taylors and Guilds.

The "Cloud" guitars that first appeared in the film Purple Rain are still pulled out, but recently Prince has played his custom "Love Symbol" guitar regularly. The original was made by Jerry Auerswald, and there are a couple of copies made by luthier Andy Beach and Prince's tech Zeke Clark. At least one of the Symbol guitars, by the way, was painted by GMW Guitarworks, who will NOT make me a copy of it for legal reasons...dammit!!!

All this information comes from the November 1994 issue of Guitar World magazine, which featured a cover story on His Royal Badness. It has a detailed section on not only his guitars but his rig. If you're a fan of Prince's musicianship, it's a must have.

Comment

As far as I know prince used a hofner tele customized with a tortise shell guard.the cloud was built by dan rusen for him at a local minnisota shop named knut kopee.there are 12 clouds in exsistance,prine still plays the symbol guitar quite a bit in the studio as far as I know......

Comment

prince was one of the first endorsers of mesa/boogie.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I saw his pedal board once, It was all boss pedals about ten of them and a wah and volume pedal but that was about 5-10 years ago at his club he had in South Beach, I just don't rember what pedals they were.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
                  X