One minute of silence in Memory of Chuck Schuldiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One minute of silence in Memory of Chuck Schuldiner

Today is his death anniversary.He had great feeling imho.And of course he was one of the founders of extreme metal. Hail Chuck,we will never forget.

[ December 13, 2002, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Mordor ]

Re: One minute of silence in Memory of Chuck Schuldiner

r. i. p.

Comment

RIP [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] An amazing musician/guitarist, the founding father of American Death Metal. He will be missed.

Comment

Yes. RIP CS
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

CHUCK RULED!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I made it a point to listen to "Individual Thought Patterns" yesterday. RIP, Chuck.

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

RIP Chuck.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Yeah, Chuck ruled! Too bad he had to go!

Anders
                https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

i remember seeing death like 3 times in two months when leprosy was new. great $hit [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  too bad he and Rick Rozz couldn't get along

[ December 14, 2002, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I'm not too crazy about most of the stuff that Death did, but I really like Control Denied. Chuck was a great musician.

Comment

Yes, Chuck Schuldiner was mentioned in GW a couple of months after his passing. The delay is simply due to lead time. But in case you don't remember, it was GW that helped start up his medical fund and staged a couple of benefit concerts for him. While I've never been a big fan of Death, Chuck Schuldiner has been one of my favorite PEOPLE in music for a while. Unlike everyone other death metaller, he didn't sound like some dumbass with a Faces of Death (no pun intended, really) fetish. He always came across as a very intelligent individual. He never tried to be more extreme than anyone else, he just did his own thing. That's something a lot more people should learn to do.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww:
                        i remember seeing death like 3 times in two months when leprosy was new. great $hit [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow!
                        [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already. RIP, Chuck! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can't believe that he didn't make it on the guitar world cover, they wouldn't even mention him if I'm not mistaken. Bastards. German "metal" mags disappointed me as well...

Comment

A little late, but I have to say that Chuck was one of my all time favourite guitar players/musicians. I still can't believe he's gone. I was listening to Symbolic all day yesterday, and I didn't even know it was a year since his death. R.I.P. Chuck
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X