Forbidden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden

I saw pictures from the Thrash of the Titans and when Tim Calvert was up there he was playing the Kelly he used in Nevermore, and Steve Smyth was playing his BC Rich stuff, but he isn't in the band, just played a few tunes....anyone know anything about guitars, pickups, and amps that these guys used back in the day?

Re: Forbidden

In the Ultimate Revenge 2 video from the early '90s, Craig Locicero played a black one-hum Kramer and a one-hum black/yellow EVH clone (no name on headstock), both had OFR trems. He played through Marshall stacks.

Glenn Alvelais had a purplish Strat clone with humbucker in bridge and single coil in neck. I believe he also used this guitar in Testament for a little bit and then got some deal with ESP through Eric Peterson. Also played through Marshall stacks.

Matt Camacho played a black (maybe dark blue) Jackson concert bass, too.

I don't know anything else about their gear or what Tim Calvert played when he was with the band.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thanks man!

Comment

Tim Gave it up . He is a commercial pilot for Continental airlines. Metal is just not paying the bills , he's has a family with two kids! I hope he returns into the scene ...he's a great guitarist and a very nice guy. He gave me his home phone # a few years ago but I never called him. He did a great job in Nevermore!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hehe, cool that he showed up to play at Thrash of the Titans though! Goddamn I hope they actually release that DVD eventually, I would've killed to see that show...

Comment

Tim used several different guitars thru the years - he started with a yellow Ibenhad Sabre back around "Twisted", then he had a one hum/one single white Soloist (with a Raiders sticker between the pickups) for the "Distortion" and "Green" albums, as well as his first tour with Nevermore. Then he got the Kelly.

Locicero switched to playing Robins at some point, but I'm not sure when. I know he had one for the "Distortion" US tour.

Both of them were using Langner pre-and-power amps, and getting a great tone, as you would expect.

Bill's right - Tim is a hell of a nice guy. When Matt Crooks mentioned (at a Nevermore show) that we might be covering "Infinite" for a tribute album, Tim pulled out his guitar and showed him how to play it. All of the Forbidden guys were great, in fact. I even played Madden Football with Craig before one of the "Distortion" shows - they carried a Genesis around just for that. He kicked my ass. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike

[ December 13, 2002, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Michael ]
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I believe one of the guitarists also played an SG...I think it was white.

Comment

Working...
              X