Morbid Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morbid Angel

Which is in your opinion the best Tray Azagthoth solo?

Re: Morbid Angel

where the slime live IMO the most insane he ever did

Comment

That would be a very hard one to nail down.I like everything off of "Altars of Madness","Blessed are the Sick","Covenant",and "Domination".I really liked David Vincent's death vocals better,any ways all of his solos are complex as hell.I kind of lost a little respect for him after he talked sh!t about Randy Rhoads.I can tell you this though,Trey rips live.I seen Pantera with Morbid Angel back in November of 2000 and Trey had the best damn lead tone I have ever heard live and that without a doubt is the best concert that I have ever been to date.

[ December 11, 2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Axegrinder ]
      Gear
      '88 Charvel Model 6
      '90 Charvel 650 Custom
      '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
      '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
      '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

I love Morbid Angel, just listened to Domination and Covenant the other day. I haven't bought any of their albums since David Vincent left, though. It's just not the same! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Morbid Angel BNR page

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What the hell he said about Randy Rhoads? [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't listen to anything except Altars... und Blessed..., the vocals on the other albums just don't appeal to me. Trey does some crazy stuff though, I hope to see them live next year.

Comment

his solo in Where the Slime Live was dedicated to EVH, oddly enough. i really like his stuff on Covenant, especially God of **** and that Swords song.

Comment

Hey, that's a cool page there, Ron! Thanks for that! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

correction: the song is actually God of Emptiness. i got it mixed up with World of ****, an equally good song. i thought it sounded weird! LOL

Comment

I've talked with Trey a few times. Very cool. He is a big fan of EVH he says. Its obvious in his solos. Not to big of gear talker though, He's been using the same rig and guitars for awhile now JCM9's ,Eventide, Rat Rackmount etc... records with guitar synth.
                      Hate Eternal's singer Jared did the last tour with them. Very basic sounding to me. Tucker was better but, not better than Vincent.
                      I love all his solos. He's creative with his writing. Thats what caught my ear.

Comment

I wish that I could remember what magazines I read the interviews with Trey in but they was back in the early/mid 90's.I remember him commenting on how he thought that Rhoads didn't have good timing and thought of him as a sloppy player and that he wasn't really floored by his playing.The other article he said something like the reason Rhoads died is because he would be afraid to face me.To me,them are some pretty bold words. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[ December 13, 2002, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Axegrinder ]
                        Gear
                        '88 Charvel Model 6
                        '90 Charvel 650 Custom
                        '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                        '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
                        '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Man,this sux! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Wasn't aware of that comment. Yeah thats a bit bold. Seems like every metal guitar has to influenced by Randy seeing he had a large part in pioneering it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hopefully that was in his younger days. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

anyone else have more specific details on treys equipment?

Comment

Working...
                              X