I just got the DiMarzio X2N installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got the DiMarzio X2N installed

I just got the DiMarzio X2N installed in the bridge today on my LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion and I kept the SD Jazz in the neck. I also had to lower the pickup height b/c it is such a high output pickup. I just use the X2N w/out the Jazz switched on , and it rips and OWNS .

It surprisingly sounds really good through the Roland Micro Cube.
    Gear--- 2005 ESP LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion
    Roland Micro Cube

X2Ns rock big time!! If you're trying to match it to a neck pup, you're right, it needs to be a little lower. IMO, they work best when matched with other high output pups in the neck, like a Super Distortion or Super 2. For matching up better with the Jazz in the neck, I love the Tone Zone.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam is first responder to an X2N thread? Stop the presses!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And I don't even own mine any more! I used it for over 10 years in my now-retired Kramer, put it in my old Charvel Model 5A, then the Warrior MG mutt (with a Super 2) that Newc turned into the Halford Warrior. LOL Then it was just laying around and I sold it to Jeri earlier this year.

Comment

X2N sounds good parallel, and single coil too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maxboost
            X2N sounds good parallel, and single coil too!!!
            It does sound great as a single coil, because it's a very high output pickup. The higher the output, the better single coil sound you'll get when split.

Comment

Working...
            X