Dio/Hammerfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio/Hammerfall

I went to check out the dio and hammerfall on Friday.......damn was I impressed!!!!!!!!!!!HammerFall kicked ass, I was really suprised how much better they sound live. And the New guy in dio Doug Aldrich just fugging SMOKES!!!! THE BEST guitar player dio has ever had, IMO. He was pretty much on all night, nailing all the old stuff, and played a smoking ass solo. Yeah, he did do some bluesy SRV type stuff in the middle of his solo, but he was also playing alot of neoclassically inspired stuff also. Kings X was not my cup of tea. To me they seemed like a nu metal band with a slightly average guitar player. Overall the night rocked, I walked away pretty impressed!! Dio's voice was stronger than the last 3 or 4 shows I've seen him do.

KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Dio/Hammerfall

Viv was the BEST Dio guitarist.

Comment

I second Jack on this one.

Comment

Depends on how you look at it... Viv was involved in some of the most killer, classic and creative Dio material ever released. So that means a lot.

But, both Goldie and Aldrich are better players. With Aldrich probably being a stronger player although I'd prefer Goldie as I just enjoy his style the most...

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to go to that too. But, ended up at the Symphony X / Blind Guardian show instead.

Hung out with the band afterwards and talked shop with Romeo and LePond. Can't miss Symphony X man. I've seen Dio ten+ times.

I knew it would be a great show though. Aldrich is a smoking guitarist. Cept for that blues stuff he inflicts on the audience. Not that blues stuff is bad. But, it's a metal show. I'm there to get hardcore, not SRVd out. Bleh. Play Metal dude!! Craig Goldie was better IMO. He fit the bill as a metal guitarist much moreso. Not that Aldrich can't play very well though... Haha. He's quite a shredder.

Comment

I second John on this one. I like Vivian but I think that Craig and Doug are better players. Damn now that i look at the new album, Craig Goldie wrote the only 3 or 4 songs that I care for. Hmmmm.... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ December 11, 2002, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: MetalStorm ]

Comment

Working...
            X