vivs humbucker???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vivs humbucker???????????

Can anyone tell me what type of pickup vivian campbell used in his charvels?

Re: vivs humbucker???????????

he was using duncan invaders for a while.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Both look like SD Invaders. He also collaborated with SD on the Full Shred, SH-10 humbucker and used it for a while.

(I love that Skulls guitar!) [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

hmmm.....it's kinda hard to tell from that picture, it's so small, an dhard to make the guitars out..does anyone have a larger version? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yea, I didn’t realize the picture was so big until I posted it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey, I always wondered about the unusual body contour on the Last in Line graphic guitar. It may possibly be a parts guitar. I have never seen a San Dimas with that shape. It looks like the neck was once a standard nut strat-head and was modified for a Floyd Rose nut. It is an older 21 fret San Dimas neck. Note the string tree hole. Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on the unusual body contour on the Last in Line graphic guitar, as mentioned above?

Comment

Hey thanks alot for the info.Wasnt there someone on the old board looking for a good shot of the skulls guitar.well here it is.

Comment

Yep, it was me. I hunted down that picture for several months. I’m hoping to have a GMW built a replica next year!

Comment

Marc, the strange contour on the left side of the body looks to me like picture distortion. It looks stretched. Look at the left leg of the guitar stand its sitting on.
                Possibly a scanner problem or when the pic was scanned, the magazine was rolled back to that picture and caused the distortion.

Comment

Thanks Marc i was waiting for you to email me those pictures

HA HA HA HA i got them now

Comment

the last in line guitar ended up with a charvel neck....got an old interview where viv discusses that guitar...it was supposed to be the last in line album cover "but the guy made a real mess of it, it has a nice color though..."...the holy diver guitar was painted by charvel, this guitar wasn't i believe....it's origin could be anything...i'll try to dig up that mag and see what else it saysd...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Sid, you are right. I promised to send you a copy of the picture, but I totally forgot. Sorry bro. I will send you the full page *.jpg on Monday when I get back in the office.

Chuck, good eye on the bent guitar stand leg. You always seem to have a sharp eye for that kind of stuff. You may be right about possible scanning distortion. Given your thoughts, I will analyze the full page picture again on Monday. Trouble is, I am almost certain that I have seen that guitar in other pictures and thought to myself that the body seemed a little narrow; compared to a standard San Dimas body.

DM, I hope you find that old interview and maybe there will be another picture of the Last in Line graphic guitar. Anyone else have a pic of the Last in Line guitar?

Viv is one of my all time favorites guitarists!

Comment

Hey Guitar Lawyer, could you send me a copy of the pic that's up there, too, if it's not too much trouble?? Please mail it to [email protected]. Thanks dude!

Comment

There may be a problem with the pic, but the contours are adifferent on the Last in Line one. The horns are slimmer and the cutaway is deeper. I have that picture, it came from a young guns magazine. Someone sent it to me, but anyway I was told that the LAst in Line Graphic one was the first Charvel that Grover gave Vivian.

The other graphic was a guitar that I saw him play at the Spectrum on the last in line tour, and I didn't see a whole lot of it even back then.
                          In about 2 weeks, I'm gonna have a white strat body with that Graphic on it. I had the body made,and found a guy to do the graphic for 175.00

He already did the graphic for me on a piece of wood, so I know it's gonna look exactly like that! I'm having a guy who builds guitars around here, and who built the body actually do the clear coat though. The artist only does the art and didn't know anything about finishing guitars.

For all this to happen and be done right, I just have to have the guy clear it with a clear that is compatible with water based paint, or vice Versa. I have tried numerous times to post about this ,and never really got an answer. Anyone have any ideas.

If an oil based clear won't work, is it hard to do airbrushing with an oil based color?
                          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Hey Sully,

Did they even make the Duncan Invader back then? I do know for a fact that those pup's in both are the Full Shred's though.

Comment

I made a mistake, the last in line access isn't different, it only has a 21 fret neck making it look deeper, but the horns are thinner and the belly cut is a little different also.

Comment

Working...
                              X