Rebaelliun - Brazillian Death Metal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebaelliun - Brazillian Death Metal!

There was a thread about Rebaelliun on the old board about a year ago, maybe more. They use import Jacksons, don't remember which model. Well, since the last post they have released their second full length album: "Annihilation".

Does anyone else own it? I think the songs on their first album, "Burn The Promised Land" are waaay better than those on "Annihilation"! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sure, they play faster on "Annihilation" but there's absolutely no variation, and the sound sucks! I like the title track and a few more, but it's nothing special about it!

I think it's a little sad that it turned out that way, they really had huge potential to become the kings of Death Metal in Brazil. I guess Krisiun has that title now, but I think Rebaelliun's first record kills everything that Krisiun has done! Sure, Krisiun are more technical and better musicians, but Rebaelliun had the songs! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Anyway, I haven't heard anything about them for a while now... Anyone got some info?

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Re: Rebaelliun - Brazillian Death Metal!

Cool now that exactly my favourite music style. Hmm if i remember correctly i started that thread on the old board.
    Yes i have Annihilation and i don't think it's bad. Ok i also like Burn the promised Land better but that doesn't make Annihilation a bad record in my book. Yes it hasn't much variation but honestly variation isn't a trademark of brutal and fast death metal. If you look criticaly at that, i guess there is no band who plays brutal death metal and is varied. With brutal death metal i don't mean bands like Morbid Angel or Six Feet Under, i mean bands like Abhorrence, Severe Torture, Pyaemia and other underground bands. If you listen to albums from those bands you will see that there isn't a variation in them. It's just the way it is.
    Coming back to Annihilation, i don't think the sound sucks. There are much worser out there.
    For example listen to Bringer of War from Rebaelliun from their Bringer of War EP and then compare it to the version of this song on Annihilation.
    Hmm from what i get Krisiun were always the Kings of brazilian death metal. I mean if you listen to Rebaelliun and Abhorrence (another brazilian death metal band) it's very obvious that they are heavily influenced by Krisiun who are the pioneers of brazilien death metal.
    I think Apocalyptic Revelations and Conquerors of Armageddon are masterpieces. Now the sound of the newest Krisiun release Ageless Venomous doesn't cut if IMO. Yes it's very clear and you can hear absolutly everything which goes on (and for a band who plays that fast as Krisiun that's very hard to achieve) but it takes the whole brutality out of their sound. But the songs are cool, they just would be cooler for me with the sound of Conquerors of Armageddon.

As for the news since the release of Annihilation i also haven't heard anything new from Rebaelliun.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Well, I guess it's a matter of personal taste. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And yes, Krisiun has influenced Rebaelliun alot! It's just that I like the early Rebaelliun songs better. Well I guess most Death Metal bands are not very varied, that's why I love Nile! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They provide variation IMO!

I'm not saying that it sucks if isn't varied, variation just makes it more interesting, but I love Vomitory, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse etc, because they f***ing kick ass! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And they are not very varied, just as you said! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anders
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Yes that's right, Nile is really a big exception to all other death metal bands. That's what makes them one of the best (if not THE best) new death metal band. It's almost scary to see their fast growing popularity considering that they really are a brutal band.

My non-metal listening friends always complain about my favourite bands that every song of them sounds the same. And yeah at some point they are right. Sometimes it's really hard to tell the differences on the songs. But after all that's just my favourite style of music and i never get tired to hear death metal. And for me those songs are different. Maybe not as different as songs from other bands are but they are different. And i have also to say that i don't like bands who have so different songs that you could believe that there must be two different bands playing the songs.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

when they came to Hellgium ( [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) a couple of years back, both of them were playing Japanese Jackson rhaods types

Comment

I've got both Raebelliun albums, and they both rock. I agree that brutal death metal is somewhat lacking in variation, but if you want brutal AND varied, also check out Cephalic Carnage. As for straight ahead crushing BRUTAL, no band can touch Disgorge(CA). I host a death metal TV show, and I know almost all the brutal death metal bands(including Cephalic, Nile and Disgorge, but not Raebelliun, yet) and I can safely say that no one can top Disgorge's new material for brutal. I may get a chance to go along with Disgorge when they headline a tour of Brazil, and hopefully get to see excatly what the scene is like down there.

Comment

Working...
            X