Dave Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Murray

OK, its been discussed before on the old forum, but I've forgotten all about the specs on the guitar: Dave Murrays custom jackson strat. Anybody have the specs on this one? year, materials, pups, etc.? any pics? i just got a new computer, and ive got to re-build my whole guitar database thing that i had, which could take forever [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] any info would rock.

Re: Dave Murray

*bump*

come on, i know there are people here who know about it... please, any info?

Comment

*bump*

man.... nobody?

Comment

It's wine red with black pickguard, H/S/H pup configuration, chrome Floyd, maple fingerboard. He uses it in the Holy Smoke video. I think he also uses it a little bit on the live Raising Hell home video, but not sure at the moment. I don't remember too much else about it right now.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ok cool. thanks for the info...on the official maiden site, i think it says he has two of them, noth the same i wonder? well anyways, thanks toejam.

anyone else have any more specifics? thanks to any replies.

Comment

He uses the red / black guitar on 'The Clairvoyant' on the 'Raising hell' video. He also had a white Jackson strat - same configuration but with a white scratchplate. Maybe they'll start using Jacksons again what with the Fender buy out and all........
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The humbuckers are either Duncan JB or DiMarzio Super Distortion...I know those are what he used around the time he played Jackson.

I think we´ve gotten the main specs down now, since there wasn´t anything special about those guitars...except the stratheads of course [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

cool, even more info!
                what year would they have been? any ideas on woods? i know im nit-picking here, but i may try to get one similar to his, custom shop, of course....
                thanks again guys

Comment

I had GMW build me a 'replica' of Adrian Smiths white Jackson strat - I used a San Dimas profile neck, original floyd etc but with a Alder body, EMGs and a scalloped heel. Dave's Jacksons were after the main ESP years, so I reckon they must have been built around 1990.....
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

nice, thanks neili.

i know ive seen that one picture of dave like sitting down outside or something with one of the jacksons. ive been looking for it for a while... ahh well.

thanks again for all the info guys, and if u have more, please add it!
                    thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X