Iron Savior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Savior

Any if you guys ever hear of them? I heard a Version of Desert Plains done by them and their lead tone's were awesome.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Iron Savior

Yeah , Have all of their stuff AWESOME band!...Condition Red is their new release on Noise availuable FOR $12 at CENYURY MEDIA 1-800-250-4600..for fans of Gamma Ray and Helloween ect ...German Power metal

Bill Z Bub

[ November 28, 2002, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill,

What do they use? IT sounded like some kinda wah was on it, but it was awesome sounding.
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

OK Let me dig out their last CD and check for the goody list...Hold On [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK I'm Back ..They are endorsed by ESP , Agner (Swiss?) , Sonor , Paiste . and shop at Easy Rider in Hamburg

Guitarist Joachim "piesel" Kustner uses ESP guitars I'm assuming Agner might be an amp but it sure sounds like Marshall to these ears

Dude please check into
        Grave Digger
        Heavenly
        Freedom Call
        Edguy
        Running Wild
        Blind Guardian
        Hammerfall
        Gamma Ray
        Helloween
        Brainstorm
        Symphorce

......if you love this style of music They are some of the best in the biz

[ November 29, 2002, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

GRAAAAVEEEEEEE DIGGEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Some years ago i was on a Running Wild concert and Iron Savior were one of the support acts.
            I thought they were nothing special, they sounded like many other power metal bands from germany.
            Definitely not in a league with bands like Blind Guardian, Running Wild or Helloween (at least the old Helloween, the new things aren't that good IMO. Both Keepers and Walls of Jericho still remain the three cd's of Helloween which are the best).

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Sometimes live is not a good orientation of a band you never heard before. Besides it's always alot more fun when you know the material that the band is playing. I love Blind Guardian and Helloween but I'm postive that BG won't duplicate the multi layered new material live that well. I'll see on Dec 6th...I' can't wait

Helloween is great ....Iron Savior is Kai Hansen's baby and is definately high octane stuff

[ December 01, 2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Hmm you are right, seeing a band live and then judging them isn't a good thing. Every band can have a bad gig.
                But some time after that gig, i listened to a cd of Iron Savior and it didn't help to raise my opinion about them.
                When i saw Iron Savior Kai Hansen didn't play with them. Don't know exactly why but i heard he hadn't free time to tour.
                From what i get Kai Hansen isn't a member of Iron Saviour anymore but i am not sure since i am no fan of the band.

Concerning Blind Guardian. Yeah they won't play that stuff from the new album in the same way it's on the cd. They said that it's impossible to recreate everything on stage what they did in the studio and they don't want to play with playback.

Flo
                http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

This was the only Iron Savior topic I could find on the JCF. I heard their song "Starborn" about a year ago and liked it, but didn't really get into them until a few days ago when I found all their albums. I've worked my way through their first two albums and these guys really rip it up.

First album has awesome basic power metal tone. Second album has this really futuristic sound that goes well with their spacey/sci-fi themes. Ripping guitar work so far. I love their drum sound.

Their cover of "Neon Knights" from the second album rocks!

Been also getting into Virgin Steele and Helloween slowly as well.
                  Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 07-11-2007, 01:15 AM.

Comment

wow, old thread..

Comment

iron savior is great. i love the "unification" album!!! i am actually listening to it right now. it has kai hansen singing on some of the tunes. piet slieck (sp?) was in helloween with kai before weikath joined, i think. anyway, awesome tones and some cool tunes. kinda like later gamma ray mixed in with more "classic" power metal elements.....
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i'm a big fan of the 1st 2 albums. my friends band recorded with Piet Sielck at his studio in Germany. Peit likes to use a pod into a power amp with marshall cab to record EVERYTHING! probably one of the reasons all the bands he records sound the same. those german's love to do lines of coke and go dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga... all the way home.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X