Kirk Hammett - Jackson RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk Hammett - Jackson RR

Does anybody have some info about that guitar? I guess it's a Custom Shop with EMG installed, but that's all I know about it

[ November 28, 2002, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Re: Kirk Hammett - Jackson RR

Its just an early Rhoads, I believe its an '84. Back then all Jacksons were Custom Made. Kirks is an 84 Rhoads Custom with the EMG's added. I believe that they are an 81 in the bridge and an humbucking sized single coil in the neck(?) Say whatever you want about Kirk and ESP, he still uses his Rhoads every single night they play live, and he used to use a Les Paul Custom every night as well for Fade To Black. I believe he has since switched to a ESPee LP clone more recently. Sweet guitar, these early SD Rhoads had a different body construction etc. that gives them a completely different tone and mojo.

Comment

His black Rhoads is also made out of aluminum.

Comment

Yes his rhoads is a 84 with and emg 81 in the bridge and an emg H in the neck
        all black

check out some of there web sites

Comment

Aluminum?? Interesting....

Comment

you're not serious are you?

he would have been using the RR and his les paul, the REAL les paul, every night on every song if he wasnt endorsed by ESPee...he always played his RR before the endorsement...bleh

Comment

yeah i was suprised to hear that it was aluminum too.. but thats what his tech said.

Comment

Lev you are talking about his Roswell Rhoads

We are talking about his Rhoads Custom

Comment

yeah i know.. i saw it on video. His tech was holding his black rhoads up and gave the specs on it. I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.. I also remember reading about it on Robs website (jacksoncharvelworld) if I remember correctly.

Comment

Kirk's black Rhoads is an 84 wooden guitar. I've got a guitar mag from 93 where he is holding it up close and the points were very dinged up back then. A much used and abused guitar. He used to use it way more before ESP came along. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

last time i saw em he played it on sad but true [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] and it sounded killer. played the paul too.
                      very cool indeed..

matt

[ November 28, 2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: guitarded ]

Comment

It's a custom, but almost the same as today's RR1T with the exception of an EMG-81 at the bridge and an EMG-H at the neck.

Comment

The aluminum one is indeed a Roswell Rhoads, not the old black wooden RR1-T. Like everyone else said, the RR1-T has an EMG 81 in the bridge and an H (single coil in humbucker housing) in the neck.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's not an 84-I have an interview with Kirk and James from October, 1986 GFTPM, and he says it was made in 1985. As far as the other specs go, it has an EMG 81 at the bridge, and a EMG H at the neck. It's similar to a new RR1T, but the San Dimas guitars were made a little different than they make them today. This is the guitar that got me into Jacksons.

Comment

I imagine that Kirk still plays his RR. In the S&M video (which was '98) he pulled it out for at least one song. I wonder if that is the guitar he uses to record with? Either way it is a kick ass guitar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                              X