Randy Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads

Anybody know which particular songs Randy used his Jacksons on in concert?

And......When did he take possesion of the white one and then the black one? I'm pretty sure he got the black one during the Diary tour but don't know when.

Lookig for specifics if anybody knows. Trying to figure out which live 'bootlegged' shows were the first to have his Jacksons on them (hey, someone has to).

Re: Randy Rhoads

Paging Sully!

Comment

He used the white Jackson for the songs in Eb, like Flying High Again, Believer, and Over the Mountain. I'm not real sure what he used the black Jackson for, since he only got it a short time before he died. He had the white one made around Christmas of 1980 or 1981(can't remember right now, I will find out), and like I said, he got the black one during the Diary tour, shortly before his death. As for bootlegs, since he had the white one on After Hours, I think you could pick up most concerts in the USA and see that one, but I don't know about the black one. I have only seen a few pictures with that in it, and the only time I've seen it on film was on a short interview when he won the Guitar Player best new talent award. Hope this helps, I'm sure someone knows more about this than I do...

Comment

willie pretty mnuch has it right....he got the black one a few months before he died...i want to say januaryr for some reason. he used the white one for songs in Eb, and other than that, i'm not sure what the black one was tuned to.

sorry,
        sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

My guess is the black one was probably in normal E tuning, but further to the original question, Randy would have been using his LP, the Sandoval, and the white Jackson on the Blizzard tour when all songs were in E, Diary introduced the Eb tuning. Any ideas what songs he used it on for the first tour? It's a shame he didn't play it on after hours.

Comment

The fact is, the band recorded Blizzard, toured in Europe to support it, then went back and recorded Diary, and then went to America to tour supporting the Blizzard album. Strange, huh? They threw in a few songs from Diary on the American tour, so Randy used his white Jackson for those. I'm not sure, but I think that Tribute might be one of those shows.

Comment

once again, willie's right....they were taken off the blizzard tour to record diary, then thrown back on tour before diary was finished. you can tell that a few of the solos on diary were scratch tracks....like believer...he starts the solo out with the first solo of mr crowley...notice that he never played the album version of the solo live? little dolls was also a scratch track solo.

i've seen some videos as most of you have, and i know that he used the white v on over the mountain, but other than that, i don't remember... and all my videos are in storage at the moment, so i can't watch...

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

holy f!!!
                is that a picture of sully with randy rhoads? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] i'm sure you probably told that story millions of times sully but i'd love to hear how you met him and what you guys talked about...

jimmy

Comment

And sully hasn't aged a day in 20 years........ [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

sully has photo proof he was into Tenacious D WAAAAY back before they got big [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

You should see Sully's pics of when he was in Ozzy's band! He makes Zakk Wylde look like a beginner punk even moreso than Jake E Lee does!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

yes, that was a picture i put together. i had a gig in memphis, and i met a lady at the show who probably has one of (if not THE) last picture of him...she met him when they played in memphis just days before the crash... i believe that's where his last show was. she met him as he was goin to the bus, and she and a friend took their pic with him.

the next day when we were loading out she dropped by the bar (she had our singer in her custody) with a copy of the pic for me! so....one day i went to town on it... i took a pic of me, blurred it to match, and added that yellowish tint to match randy. it's a bit off in that i'm WAY taller than he was (8 inches) and when i placed myself in the pic at the correct height difference, it looked funny, so i made it a bit closer.

and yes, i've also made a few pics of myself live with ozzy too... so i get a bit bored, okay?

sully

[ November 30, 2002, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully can you make of pic of me and Halfo....it's already been done [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bub Z Bill

[ November 30, 2002, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] gary

I believe a person called photoshop introduced them!

Comment

Working...
                              X