This Section is for JACKSON&CHARVEL Artists and Their Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Section is for JACKSON&CHARVEL Artists and Their Gear

The title says it all. I would request that the admins move (or delete) non Charvel/Jackson related threads.

Re: This Section is for JACKSON&CHARVEL Artists and Their Gear

Yeah I find that JC only heading silly... We all like to know about different band and what they're using and gear in general. This particular forum shouldn't be limited to J/C stuff only. Or open a separate forum

Geez, sometime I see them talking about artists that don't even PLAY GUITAR!!

Sadly, considering how many big guys play Jackson guitars, or especially Charvels, we wouldn't have a lot to talk about if that was all we could discuss here...

If this was the mid eighties then it would be a lot different I guess. But, the Jackson players on the big circuits are a dying breed and the Charvel players are almost non existant.

Comment

Yeah really. The list gets shorter and shorter. All do respect, you can only talk about Jake and Randy for so long. Who are some of the top guys of Today out there anyhow?

Comment

Well Glen is still on the "Artist" page I didnt even realize this was suppose to be a J/C only section. ( Yes I see it now, and I'm burning myself with a cigarette for not reading first ) I have to agree with Cleve and nofloyds, it wouldnt last very long if it MUST stay limited to J/C players only.

The title says it all. I would request that the admins move (or delete) non Charvel/Jackson related threads.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Metalcop: Why so quick to jump on it? Does it bug you that much?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Re: This Section is for JACKSON&amp;CHARVEL Artists and Their Gear

This is the Jackson Charvel Forum, not the Nu-Metal Fave of the week forum. Yes, it has been a nagging pet peeve of mine, looking in this topic and not finding a single discussion about J/C artists. I was quick to jump on it, in hopes that with the new board we could clarify and fix this topic. I, too like talking about all artists and all types of gear, they should be posted in the non-related topic, not here. Unfortunately, I guess I am among the minor majority here, and will have to continue to suffer.

Comment

Actually most of the post were based on Jackson players.
            Slayer: Jeff's cherished Soloist.
            Metallica: Hammets RR1 and Hetfields KV1.
            Glen Drover: Look on the "Artist Page".
            Well that covers everything on this thread so far.
            BTW...I don’t recall too many Nu-Metal bands on the old "Artist and their gear" page. Mostly Euro bands like COB. (Who is also a Jackson endorser) and Sinergy.

Comment

Yeah MC, there are no nu metal dudes really there... Ummm, yet, hahaha..

Glen Drover is a TRUE classic metal guitarist in the highest regard and Slayer is no compromise metal in a very pure form...

I would agree about I'd rather not see the numetal stuff to a general regard there with you though... But, can't really do that I guess..

Maybe "True Metal Artists and their gear" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But, that would leave out other great players...

Hmmm... Decisions decisions... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

While I do agree with MC that it should be limited to artists who actively use (not just own) Jacksons or Charvels, and certainly not ones who did own/use in the past but now use something else (like Vai, Lynch, etc) or are dead like Rhoads, etc etc.
                Sorry, folks, but I'd rather talk about who's doing what now rather than spend an eternity rehashing the same tales about "back in the day" bands.

On the other hand, it IS a short list of current Jackson/Charvel users/artists:
                Dave Mustain
                Scott Ian
                Pat Lachman
                Glen Drover
                Outkast [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                C.O.B.
                Michael Sweet and Oz Fox

Anyone else?

Forget Marty, he's using his LP more than his Kellys.

DeMartini is using Performance, Lynch uses ESPee, Vai uses Ibenhad, Nelson uses...well, who gives a sh!t what Nelson use [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , Eddie Ojeda has an ESP sig model, Danny Spitz uses something else (Washburn? ESPE? whatever), so keeping the topics down to a handful of people who use Jacksons limits the conversations to amp settings and "Did you catch the new tour by..."

I think the forum description should not have the J/C limitation on it, unless the Admins WANT to continually rehash the same old "Back in the day..." discussions.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

well i'm sure metalcop wrote this in response to my 'Metallica with Ja Rule' thread.. I have two comments to make:
                  1. I posted it yesterday.. there was no "unrelated J/C" forum..
                  2. No need to be so serious.. sheesh. Do you really want an overmoderated forum where we can't bend the rules or topics a little?? "Metallica don't use jacksons!! DELETE THIS THREAD!!" On the old board I think it was a given that this part of the forum is a place that you just talk about bands in general whether they use jacksons, ibanez, esp, etc. Half the time it wasn't even about the gear they used, it was just about the band in general (or Bill being gay [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )..

Comment

hey Newc! Add Carlos Cavazo to that list too [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Although most of your list are old guys from "back in the day" who just happen to be still using Jacksons. And Mustaine's not doing anything at all right now. Not too many exciting new players to talk about, as far as who's doing what now.

I think in the interests of keeping the Forum "pure" we should only discuss artists who use J/C guitars, and only when they were using the instrument. So you can talk about Jake E Lee when he was with Ozzy, but not when he was in Badlands, and only the bits of his guitars that weren't Fender. Only select tunes from Ozzy's first two albums, when Randy used a Jackson on a song (no Sandoval or Gibson). Actually, did Randy record with a Jackson, apart from a few tunes on Tribute and After Hours? Gary Moore's Run For Cover/Wild Frontiers period can be spoken of, he was using C/J's occasionally then, but not prior to or since, when he's used everything from Hamers & Ibanez to Heritage, Fender & Gibson. We can only discuss the legendary Nigel Tufnel at those times when played his Custom Shop Jackson Marshall Stack. Last night I was fooling around all evening on my Yamaha acoustic so we won't talk about that, but I've been playing a Jackson most of tonight, I can update folks on what I've been doing... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, that Bill sure is gay... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

That cool with me! After all there are far more Jackson players from Europe today like COB, Dimmu/old mans child, Hammerfall, sinergy, To Die For, Sentenced, Charon, Opeth used a RR1 to record on almost all their records...etc (And thats just off the top)And on the US side you have Death/Control Denied (Shannon Hamm) Dying fetus, Halford. Oh man the list goes on! Well Cleve, Bill, Steve, Within, Flo (just to name afew) Looks like we are going to OWN this thread! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it would get kind of boring and die very quickly if we only talked about artists that use J/C. I always thought this was for all artists no matter what gear they use.

Anyway, I hear the guys from Korn are dropping Ibeenhad and using Jacksons and Charvels from now on. Anyone else hear that?!? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can see MC's point of view , and Dave touched on a good point. Sadly the mainstream artist of today is still very un-guitar oriented ...thanks Nirvana! 99 % of those hacks don't use Jacksons and would be sacreligeous if they did right? There is a TON of Metal artist that love and play the crap out of Jacksons and Charvels but they are not popular or promoted in this country . So the majority of us are unaware of them....Very VERY Sad .
                            Since I know this as a fact , I will try to share with you some of the best Jackson shredders out there.... Jackson guitars and Metal never went away just here in the states. Go to Europe and you'll see our favorite axes being played everywhere.. Hopefully if shred will become popular again here , you will see a resurgance of The almighty pointy head stocks... And John will look cool again [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub

[ November 26, 2002, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dave Mustaine - Jackson Artist?

Not currently, at least....or haven't you heard about his accident?

Talented he is...but not talented enough to play with 1 hand [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X