Glen Drover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Drover

Just thought to check out this former King Diamond axe grinder. Cool riffs (Very KD) and leads are awesome! I didnt even know he was a fellow Canadian! Anyone else listen to these guys?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Re: Glen Drover

Glen Drover is a monster. Saw him live with King Diamond, and he was awesome.

He's been in some cool bands too...

Abstract Algebra I believe, and current new band Eidolon...

He also runs a small recording Studio in Toronto called Eclipse Recording...

Comment

Hey Sev.. I have everything he's done. His band is Eidolon their last effort is called Coma Nation (With New singer sounds just like the old one [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ) . Great guitarist ! Eidolon last three is on Metal Blade records and is pretty easy to get. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ December 02, 2002, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Abstract Algebra is Mike Wead....He's great too......Same King Diamond camp

Bill Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't sure...

Check out the axes that him and LaRoque are endorsing...

http://www.watsonguitars.com/guitars/index.html

Comment

Singers sound very similar. I wouldn’t have though they were different. Those sweeps in "Feed the Machine" at the end of the solo are insane!

Comment

What the Hell happen to his Jackson endorsement? Those things (Whatson) look like ant eaters !

Comment

Yeah, and the Canadians are having them built in Korea!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

What a crock...

Comment

Both of these guys had endorsements by 2 of the best companies out there. I'm flyin' the flag on this one too... [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

I think he still endorses Jackson. Probably just doing a local guitar company a favor [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I mean I have never heard of them before and I know all the Canadian guitars....Larrivee, Lado, Godin, Thompson etc...If they are made in Korea I wonder if they are owned by one of the bigger guitar manufacturers like Godin? And those guitars are f'n ugly. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Glen freakin rips it up.I realy liked King Diamond's "House of God".There are some killer guitar work on that cd.
                      Gear
                      '88 Charvel Model 6
                      '90 Charvel 650 Custom
                      '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                      '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
                      '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

I was just at the Eidolon site and there are some new pix of them live and Glen is using a red Soloist with a kahler. As a matter of fact that all I could see is Jacksons! Even the video clips of Glen practicing are with a Jackson. I'm really getting into the "Coma Nation" stuff. The leads are killer and his bro kicks ass on the drums too! Great production. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ November 29, 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]

Comment

I just checked that site out. No f'en videos would play for me. I got to hear " Scarred " off Coma Nation. Actually sounds like Fates Warnings..No Exit release from back in the day. His bass player is using Jacksons as well so.. most likely a deal I suppose.
                          I think I spy some solidstateness in the background as well.

Comment

Yes NoFloyds....all Marshall Valvestates?????

Hey works for him and Andy [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Bill Z

Comment

OK, to clarify a few things - Glen does NOT endorse Watson Guitars, nor does Andy Larocque!!!! They both played them on 1 song while on tour in Toronto , Canada - nothing more - the dude from Watson guitars took a picture of them and decided to put them on his site [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] . Glen is endorsed by Jackson and has been playing Jackson-Charvel guitars for over 14 years now, as in his opinion ( and mine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) they make the best guitars on planet earth, period!! his main guitar ( Charvel - model 5 ) does indeed have a Kahler and yes, BOTH Glen and Andy do use Marshall Valvestate amp heads!!! hope this clears up any confusion, dudes......

cheers
                              Shawn Drover - Eidolon
                              www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X