What can be done to this guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be done to this guitar?

This is the guitar that I've learned on to play.It used to belong to my mother.It's about 35 years old but it's playablity is really bad.This guitar has the highest action in the world

I think I will need to change the wooden block on the bridge.And the tuners.Any suggestions?

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

get some new strings and a slide! I wouldn't play around with the bridge, if you find that the frets are worn and they buzz everywhere, then there is nothing much you can do - no truss rod as far as I can see
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Use it as a wall hanging since it has fond memories for you. I wish I still had my mother's Sears bought electric with the amp in the case. Man, did I butcher that. Then, I did a Townshend when it got too difficult to play because of the string height.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I DO have a slide

And new strings would be good yes.And the frets are really small.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
          Use it as a wall hanging since it has fond memories for you. I wish I still had my mother's Sears bought electric with the amp in the case. Man, did I butcher that. Then, I did a Townshend when it got too difficult to play because of the string height.

I want an ovation

Comment

Looks like you scalloped the fretboard with your playing!

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
              Looks like you scalloped the fretboard with your playing!

the guitars I play usually get burnt,I play so hot n' fiery.

Comment

Get some strings that will like, withstand the temperature of the sun you know, so like when you play a 5 billion bpm, the strings won't melt!
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Wall hanger. My first thought too. Put her to pasture against the plaster.

Comment

Hang it up and enjoy what you remember about it

Comment

Put a Floyd and some EMGs on there. I don't think Kahler is the way to go on that particular axe.

Comment

If the action is the main issue, then just take it to a tech that knows his way around an acoustic and have a setup done.

It´s absolutely normal for those bridges to be a bit high and need a bit of "reduction" over time, and the entire bridge can be moved to set the intonation... unless some idiot glued it in place

As far as the one or 2 posts about tnot having a rod: it WILL have a rod, as it´s a steel string. it may not be adjustable, but there will be one. Adjustment if at all will be under the soundboard.
                        Last edited by Zerberus; 08-06-2006, 07:47 AM.

Comment

The bridge is removable.It's not glued.

And about the truss rod,the neck won't be able to hold linear with metal strings, when there's no truss rod,right?

And I think I'll just try to find a lower bridge.

Comment

Working...
                          X