Concentric pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentric pot question

So the volume pot crapped out on my new USA Charvel Star (looks like a cheap import pot similar to what Carvin uses). http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...mber=P1&CID=EP

It's basically just spinning out, and I took the knob off and the smooth shaft part sunk down into the casing. I can pull it out with my fingers, but it doesn't stay up, so I can't put the knob back on, and the sound now cuts in and out.

Anyway, I was thinking of maybe getting a stacked concentric pot, but instead of having the typical volume/tone, I was wondering if it was possible to get one for volume/midboost or maybe volume/gain boost. Anyone know if they make these? Or should I go possibly go with a push/pull pot instead?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

The pot doesn't know which it is connected to...right? IOW, the terminals are universal...so, I'd think you'd be able to hook a mid boost up.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks, Ron.

Comment

Don't quote me though!

See also http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J...l/target3.html
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I thought J/C USA guitars used CTS pots, no?
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

rsguitarworks.net ask Roy or Joe what you wanting to do.Roy will know if that can be done, he is a whiz at that kind of thing.Try one of their pot upgrade kits you wont be dissapointed.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
              I thought J/C USA guitars used CTS pots, no?
              That's what I thought, but this doesn't look like a CTS to me. I couldn't even find any designation as to whether it's 500k or not, as I assume it is.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                rsguitarworks.net ask Roy or Joe what you wanting to do.Roy will know if that can be done, he is a whiz at that kind of thing.Try one of their pot upgrade kits you wont be dissapointed.
                Thanks. I'll check them out.

Comment

The reason is I asked Roy if I could use a push pull pot for vol and tone on a 1 hum project I was working on.He said no but you could use it down for reg vol and up for tone but it would be a set tone either treble or bass.
                  I not sure if you could do a gain boost tho'Thats a great question.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X