Locking nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking nut

Anyone else having probs getting hold of a locking nut that is the same specs as the standard one that comes with the JT580LP ? Ive just put a Schaller floyd on an old kelly body i had but the nut that comes with the schaller is slightly taller than the jackson one. Ive thought about getting the neck modded for it to fit but its so much hassle & im not prepared to grind the schaller nut down. Any thoughts suggestions??

The JT580LP is a Takeuchi TRS PRO. Guitar parts depot has the Takeuchi nut listed but I haven't actually purchased one from them. You might want to call them and see. 1-866-631-4473 in the US.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

What about routing for a locking floyd nut on a regular nutted guitar? Anyone ever done that?? How much do you need to route out in length, and depth??
      I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
        What about routing for a locking floyd nut on a regular nutted guitar? Anyone ever done that?? How much do you need to route out in length, and depth??
        if the guitar doesn't have a locking bridge with fine tuners, then it will be really worthless because you won't get the guitar in tune.

Comment

It's got a Kahler, and Kahler string lock! But I think I'd rather have a locking Floyd nut.
          I love admins!

Comment

Dude, your obsession with Kahlers is disturbing. :lol

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
              It will depend on the nut you put on it.... as stated earlier in this thread some nuts are taller than others... and yes I have done it

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                Dude, your obsession with Kahlers is disturbing. :lol
                Lol! Well I just bought a KV2 with a Floyd if that makes you feel better! (I'll post pics when I get it!) My obsession with Jackson goes deeper, if that scares you more?
                I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                X