Solid color body refinish....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid color body refinish....

I've got an Ibanez RG7621 7-string, which is black. I've considered refinishing it in snow white. I know they offered this guitar in white, but they are quite rare and seems like they yellow a little with age. I want bright white paint that will stay bright white with age.

The body is basswood. I'm not up to doing this myself. How much does a simple refinish like that cost? Any forumites do work like that? Is it typical to sand down to the wood and refinish, or just paint on top of the black? Thanks.

Hey Chad. Check your PM's.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Refinishing the guitar in snow white should not be a problem.
      As far as the finish turning yellow ... also should not be a problem if you use a urethane. Nitro and lacquers are known to turn yellow and crack.

Comment

$180-200 seems to be the typical price for a solid color paint job with a clearcoat. I would think that since you're moving to a lighter color, it would be best to sand the black off, or at least cover wth a light colored primer before applying the white paint.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

I could use a refinish on my Impellitteri strat. Any suggestions? I'm in NJ.

*Edit: found these guys. All they do is repair, and they even do poly touch ups (painstaking):

http://www.thirdcoastguitar.com/
          Last edited by fullshred; 08-17-2006, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X