Wiring Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Help

My brother gave me a 2005 DKMGT that he botched the wiring on. I figured it would be a good way to learn the inner workings of guitars. I've looked at the schematics from seymour duncan and one that fender sent me. I can't seem to figure out the wiring. There is a ground from the bridge, a ground from the neck and then a mystery wire that seems to be coming from the bridge area. Anyhelp with a more detailed schematic would be much appreciated.

The mystery wire from the bridge area is...surprise surprise...a ground wire for the bridge! Not the bridge pickup, but the very bridge itself. Solder it to a pot casing like the other ones, and it should be good.

Comment

Thanks,
      I have one more question. there is a screw in the top of the electronics cavity. Do i send any other wires to/from that screw besides a ground to the pot?

Comment

The ground wires from the pickup cavities normally go to the screw, and then the screw is grounded to a pot casing. However, there's no harm if you have grounded the pickup cavity wires directly to a pot. Just make sure that the screw in the electronics cavity is also grounded.

Comment

u sir are helpful as hell. Jackson + duncan distortion= tone!

Comment

Originally posted by twake16
            Jackson + duncan distortion= tone!

Comment

Working...
            X