No announcement yet.

Kahler Spyder locking nut replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Spyder locking nut replacement?

Is a floyd locking nut a direct replacement? My spyder is black, but the locking nut bolts through the neck and is chrome, do ya think that's the original spyder?

Problem I am having is with .09's, the High E and B string fret out on the 1st fret. I was thinking the "groove" was cut too deep on the nut. Any other diagnoses/fixes?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Have you tried shimming the high E side of the nut a little?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Nope, I was hoping there was an answer like that floating around. I'll do a little tech Q&A search on shimming a nut. Thanks!
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Really nothing technical about it bro. Just loosen the nut, and slide a shim of sorts under the high E side until the strings just clear the first fret. Small pieces of tin foil cut to shape work very well. If the strings are just barely fretting out it won't take more than a couple of pieces to get it where it needs to be.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
        X