Cleaning Sharkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Sharkies

Sorry if this has been coverd before, but i want to make the sharkie inlays on my model 6 look new again if thats possible, any suggestions on how to do this?? special cleaner, method, needed? thanks all
    This is what they look like at the moment, not a clear pic, but you'll get the idea, maybe they dont get better, i duno?

clean the fretboard up with some naptha, oil it, then run a buffer over the fretboard. it'll get the board, inlays, and frets nice and shiny.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Whats naptha?
      Seeing as the board needed some tlc, ive applied lemon oil twice, and that helped the board look less dry anyway, is that the oil your talking about?

Comment

No it is similar to lighter fluid.It will claen the gunk off the fretboard.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

ok, so a local hardware store should have it??
          Then just buff the frets and inlays lightly and should bring the sharkies back to former glory.
          Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
            No it is similar to lighter fluid.It will claen the gunk off the fretboard.
            Similar? I thought it WAS lighter fluid.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

It's not quite that simple. But lighter fluid and the campstove stuff works as well. Just don't inhale. It's great for cleaning stuff, but don't use to start the barbie. I use an electric wand with regular bricketts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naptha
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Just use lemon oil and a toothbrush.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X