Am I nutz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I nutz?

...ok forget that question because I know the answer. Anyhow, I was wondering about your action preference? I have been setting up my own gits lately and figured out that on a guitar with JUMBO frets I actually like the action a little high. It seems to produce better pinch harmonics and a general crunchier crunch and sustain....is it me

I like my action low... <1mm at 12th fret, both sides. And that's on jumbo frets.

Comment

I like mine as low as I can get it without buzz and fretting out of course.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

what i always say a little higher produces better pinches....
        i like it around 1,4 mm (give or take 0,3) just what sounds good on the particular axe
        usually the bass side a little higher than the treble side

Comment

I don't like it to be too low, but I don't want it to be too much like hard work either....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

When i was young and unexperienced = low action (speed and easy fretting was 1st priority).

When i got older and more experienced = higher action (sound is now 1st priority).

And i'm faster today than i was back then, so the higher action doesn't bother me. It's just a different feeling.

So, higher action sounds better to me, compared to a too low action. Less rattle, better sustain and punch. These observations are all with jumbo equipped guitars.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I like my action as low as it will go without fretting out on big bends.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

I've had a hard time lately playing my Yamaha Weddington, and I finally figured out why. The action is ridiculously low, and I can't feel the strings properly like I can on my other guitars. I had to raise the action quite a bit to feel comfortable with it.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I don't want the strings to rattle when I play harder. I set the action by feel, and I've always thought it was pretty low. I just picked up a guitar that plays really well, and it's 2mm at the 12th fret on the high E. So I guess I like high action then...?
                  This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                  X