Q: materials for custom binding and inlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: materials for custom binding and inlay

I was looking thru warmoth's selection of pickguard materials and thought it'd be super cool to have jackson sharkies made of some of those cool materials like black pearl, tortoise...
    tortoise inlays would look great on a maple board. much better than black ones, I think.
    can they do that in custom shop?

If you can pay for it.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You want plastic inlays on a custom shop guitar?

Comment

Why not just get real black mother of pearl?
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

If plastic gives you the look you want, I say go with it. It's your guitar, and there's no law that says you need to spend a buttload of money on a Custom shop getting rare materials for inlays that do not affect the tone or playability any more than cheaper materials.

Besides, why spend $800 extra on fancy/rare/expensive inlay material when you probably could never sell the guitar for that much? :ROTF:
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
            If plastic gives you the look you want, I say go with it.
            +1. And I agree, tortoise sharkfins would probably look awesome on a maple board!

Comment

use sample 3 on that maple board
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
              X