Strat and Tele necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat and Tele necks

Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? Or do they require slightly different routes? Thanks

Strat and Tele necks have different shaped heels.
    They are not interchangable. At least not without having to make some modifications to the neck pocket.

Comment

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

A strat neck will generally fit in a tele pocket with a gap at the butt end of the heel, usually hidden by the 22nd fret overhang. A tele neck will not fit in a strat pocket without modification of either the body or the neck.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

They will fit there is no problems Iv'e done it many times.

Comment

How did you overcome the pocket face difference? the Tele has a flat face, and the strat has a curved face. If you try to throw a tele neck on a strat, the neck will not sit all the way into the pocket, thus throwing off the scale.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Iv'e only done it with 21 fret necks from the 60's they were really compatible never had a problem . I really don't have any experience with Fenders after the early 70's.

Comment

I ran a 1965 Tele neck on a early 60's Strat body, the neck fit but there is a gap on the butt end of the heel, since the tele neck has a flat butt, and a Strat neck has a rounded butt.

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthier
                  I ran a 1965 Tele neck on a early 60's Strat body, the neck fit but there is a gap on the butt end of the heel, since the tele neck has a flat butt, and a Strat neck has a rounded butt.
                  And what did that gap do to scale length? Could you get it intonated after that?

Comment

Working...
                  X