Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

back plate and pickup ring screws...supplier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back plate and pickup ring screws...supplier?

Ok, this is driving me insane.

Pease correct me if I'm wrong, but back plate screws are just ordinary black flat head #1 1/2" screws, right? The pickup ring screws are the same thing only a bit longer.

I'm usually good at finding things on the internet, but I can't find a supplier who will sell me a 50 or 100 pack of these darn screws. Can anybody help?
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

usually back plate are rounded, pickup rings are flat. I think Fender makes replacement packs of the plate screws but they are not very value oriented as they are not in bulk. Gibson makes packs of pickup rings, they may have something you need packaged individually.

Did you try calling your local friendly Guitar Center? They may or may not call you back.
    Otherwise.. some hardware outlet would likely have them in bulk.

I've found similar items at home depot. but usually only in gold.

Comment

Easy question to answer.

http://www.fretsonthenet.net/
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1
        Easy question to answer.

+1
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1
          Easy question to answer.

7/10/06- Notice: I will not be accepting any custom part orders until 8/21/06. I have many items in stock, so please feel free to email me with your requests and I'll check to see if I have it for you.

If he doesn't have what you need, then Stewmac also sells those screws:
          http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware...r:_Screws.html

Their site is a bit confusing IMO, but you should find what you need there.

also, checkout:
          http://www.allparts.com/

Comment

Thanks for the answers, but remember that I'm looking for a bulk pack--about four or five bucks for a hundred....

Comment

Pull one of each off of a guitar for reference and go to Home Depot or Lowes.
              I'm sure they will have what you need.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                Pull one of each off of a guitar for reference and go to Home Depot or Lowes.
                I'm sure they will have what you need.
                I thought so too, until I tried. Home Depot, Ace, Lowes, Menards--nada!

Comment

I'm surprised... but then I've only went there looking for neck bolts.
                  They do have those.
                  -Rick

Comment

For bulk packs, Allparts is your best bet. Don't pay their website advertised prices though, contact a dealer. I am a dealer, so I can get them for you, but we need to get together more than just a pack of screws for it to be worth the time and shipping. If you guys want to put together an order of decent size, I'll be glad to help if I can. I get everything from them at a 50% off their advertised price. I'm not out to make a profit, but if we come up with a decent sized order
                    I'll make it happen.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Group buy for screws sounds like a good idea. We all could use some.

Comment

mark, I'm in for a bulk order if you get enough people. I could use at least a 100 myself of backplate and p/u screws.

Comment

I'd be in, obviously.

Comment

Here's a list of what's available from Allparts, and pricing. Email me with what you want, and Paypal the funds to the same email. Add $1.50 per order to cover shipping. [email protected]
                            I have some stuff I need to order too, so I'll be placing the whole order Monday. Let's keep this to bulk orders only, except for the neck screws.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                            X