Duncan Custom Custom sh-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Custom Custom sh-11

who hear uses the Custom Custom (or sh/tb-11) and in what guitars do you use them (tone woods)?

i have one in my mohagany Sullystar with maple neck and love it. it started life as a custom, but was too bassy for my tastes. so i changed the magnet out to the A2 and am quite pleased.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

I have one in my 750xl I bought off of Travis,sound wise it blows away my usa jacksons

Comment

I got one back in the day because Vivian Campbell was using them. I had it in a bassword I-been-had, and pulled it when I got rid of the guitar. It sounded very good in that one. Really smooth for leads. I haven't gotten around to putting it in the 1-hum Jackson that's waiting for fine tuning, but I'm looking forward to it.
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by diffrent strings
        I have one in my 750xl I bought off of Travis.
        Did you buy the red one or the sunburst one?

In my 750XL I bought from Travis, I loaded the Distortion Mayhem set, and this thing kills! Right now it has a three way switch, but I ordered a mega 5 way switch for coil tapping and running one neck coil with one bridge coil. I just need some clean flavors of tone and I'm set.

As far as the Custom Custom is concerned, I really like Alnico II pickups so I'm sure it sounds great. I might get one for my HM strat, which has an "unknown" pickup in it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by petedz
          I got one back in the day because Vivian Campbell was using them. I had it in a bassword I-been-had, and pulled it when I got rid of the guitar. It sounded very good in that one. Really smooth for leads. I haven't gotten around to putting it in the 1-hum Jackson that's waiting for fine tuning, but I'm looking forward to it.
          I've heard he used a Full Shred, an Invader, and now a Custom? I love his tone from the Dio days, but which pickup is the correct one? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
            I've heard he used a Full Shred, an Invader, and now a Custom? I love his tone from the Dio days, but which pickup is the correct one? LOL!
            This was from an article when he was playing with the Riverdogs. Not the Dio era.
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Don I bought the sunburst one,it plays and sounds amazing it's my new favorite guitar

Comment

I have a CC in my black NASL (mahogany body without the maple cap, mahogany neckthrough) and while it'e not my favorite tone, it's liveable. I may swap it out for a Custom, which I use in my other NASL (with maple cap) but I'm in no hurry.

I suppose I should relish the tonal versatility of it and just build new preamp patches suited for it, rather than sticking with the 5 or less I always use and try to make all my guitars sound alike LOL
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm using one in my RG550 and in my Charvel strathead copy.
                  Both are Basswood bodies.
                  I think they sound pretty sweet in a basswood body... helps bring it to life.
                  -Rick

Comment

The CC is a great pickup. I think that if I had a single hum guitar, it would be a tough call to put in either a 59 or a CC. The treble with the CC is smooth and buttery, like I like it. The mids are spiked just right. The only thing is that the bass can be a little spongy, great if you like early VH, not so much if you're in a death metal band.

Comment

I have a CC in the bridge of one DK2 (alder body), and the guitar is tuned down 1/2 step, and I really like the sound of it.

I've been able to get some good Alice In Chains, and 80's hair metal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                        I think they sound pretty sweet in a basswood body... helps bring it to life.
                        +1
                        I'm using them in my Model 1 and Model 2.

Alvin
                        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

An early 80s DiMarzio super D is a good choice in a model 2. Lots of low end drive and clean highs.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                          X