My NAMM pics - warning: Pic heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My NAMM pics - warning: Pic heavy!

Here's my contribution of NAMM photos. Had a good time hanging out with JCF'er Tim (Hippietim), his buddy Phil, JCF'er Annah, and JCF'er Scott (StukaJU87), and his buddies Steve and Mr. Pink.

Here are the pics from Day 1:

This little guy was on my bed when I checked into the hotel room. Sort of a towel-origami.

Tim checking out the Randall modular amp. I thought it was going to blow, but it was really sweet. Tim thought so to.

Combo versions of the modular amp.

Sitar-man:

This was just worth a picture. Create your own perverted caption:

Gibson had a really meager booth. They had about 15 guitars, each hooked up to a modeler box with headphones. None of the guitars were set up very well. It was like walking into Guitar Center. Not very impressive at all. This was a purple burst that looked kind of nice:

Tim playing a Gibson Vegas High Roller:

Ugh. Every year someone is selling this crap. To each his own:

Those are the highlights from Day 1. I'll post day 2 in this thread a little later.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Cool pics, thanks man!

Comment

I wonder how big the case must be for this thing.....
      Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Nice....thanks for the pics!

- Joel
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

I've got quite a few more, including the obligatory J/C pics, that I'll get up a little later.

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL
            I've got quite a few more, including the obligatory J/C pics, that I'll get up a little later.

- E.
            Your killing me with the wait damn you
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

- E.
              Thanks for the pics. hey you don't have any from the BC Rich booth do you?

Comment

More Pics

Day 2:
                Here's JCF'er Annah with Jackson's John Walker:

Here's RKS guitars. Very innovative designs. Last year Tim and I checked them out, and we were less than impressed. This year, they were pretty smokin'. Less clear plexiglass, more wood. The plexi models were pretty expensive, but the wood models are reasonably priced around 799.00.

Me playing my favorite. I dug it because it reminded me a little of Amir's Disruptor.

Close up of the "Impact".

Tim checking one out.

Here Tim looks at their Kahlered model. I liked it too.

Here's a few from ESP's booth:

Geez guys, throw a Jackson logo on it and be done with it already. Sheesh.

I totally dug this one; graphic over flame maple. Nice.

I'm getting mixed signals here. The blood on the guitar says "I'm a badass", but the headband says "I'm a dance instructor".

Are these frogs eyes, or boobs? I vote boobs. But then again, I always vote boobs...

Here's a couple of Warriors. Their stuff is always nice to look at. These two were a little less "over the top" than some of their stuff, so I liked them a bit more. The funniest part of Warrior's booth was the fact that Rick Derringer was selling autographed photos of himself for 10.00 each. That stuff really bugs me. Leslie West was signing for free in the Dean booth. At least he doesn't have an over inflated ego.

Here we have the Keytar guy. Last year he yelled at Tim and I for taking pictures of him trying to get his stuff to work properly. We thought he was kind of a joke. I had to swing buy his boot this year and check him out. I am actually starting to like the guy. I admire his tenacity; he has complete faith in this product, and is giving it 100%. Those are good qualities to have. Seriously. More Keytar photos later...

Here's a few from the Dean booth. They had lots of cool stuff. I should have probably taken a few more pictures.

I love painted fretboards, and the butterscotch/peach colored guitar in the lower left is my fave. Tim thought they were lame.

These were purty:

Alright, that was day 2.
                Last edited by AlexL; 07-17-2006, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Day 3.

Here's day 3. Finally the Jacksons and the Charvies!

All of the Jackson and Charvels were customs, which went to Fullers Guitars.

Pablo's Crazy Cutouts.

Solid Quilted Maple Rhoads on top with wraparound bridge, 24 fret Rhoads with one pickup underneath.

Hot rod flames with maple fretboard and MOP sharks, Mark Morton signature, and a Charvel with Mike Learn's Flesh and Bone graphic.
                  \

SLATQH custom, Mark Morton signature, and Dan Lawrence's "eyes" graphic.

Dan Lawrence's "eyes" body.

Close up of a Lawrence eye.

Another Mike Learn graphic.

Another Mike Learn

Mike Eldred hot rod flames

Another Mike Learn.

Close up of skulls on stakes.

And another Learn.

Time tries out Gibson's "Magic" Les Paul. This is teh one that has a cat 5 connector on it, and is geared towards PC recording. I believe it comes with Pro Tools. Each string can be treated independantly, and they had 6 speakers set up in a circle around the chair. It was a bit bizarre.

I've got a few more from day 3 I'll post in a while.

- E.
                  Last edited by AlexL; 07-17-2006, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Here's the last of the Day 3 stuff.

A couple of Taylor pics.

I like pink.

Tim tries out the Keytar!

This thing was cool. It was a Kiosk (or a "Key-osk") that had a mini keyboard in the front. The bottles were vodka bottles that were filled with varying levels of water (I assume it wasn't actually vodka, but I couldn't get Tim to taste one) to "tune" them. A device above the mouth of each bottle corresponded to the various keyboard keys and blew air across the bottle mouths. Very neat.

Here's a close up of the solid quilt Rhoads from the previous post.

Mark Mortenson close up.

Tim's buddy Phil. He defines cool in this pic: long hair, shades, and a Hello Kitty guitar.

That's about all I've got.

- Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock
                      Thanks for the pics. hey you don't have any from the BC Rich booth do you?
                      Sorry, I'm not a BCR fan, so I didn't pull the camera out when we went by their booth. I probably should have.

- E.

Comment

Thanks so much, my friend, the pics are fantastic.....after looking at all the beautiful stuff, when I saw this simple sl2, I died........thank you again sir - :notworthy:

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
                          Thanks so much, my friend, the pics are fantastic.....after looking at all the beautiful stuff, when I saw this simple sl2, I died........thank you again sir - :notworthy:

No problem, buddy. That's a Shannon Soloist that had a pink undercoat with a sparkly platinum top coat. Pretty neat.

- E.

Comment

Very cool pics - thanks for sharing those! What were the finishes on the pair of single hum Soloists on the left of the display?
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

No problem, buddy. That's a Shannon Soloist that had a pink undercoat with a sparkly platinum top coat. Pretty neat.

- E.
                              damn, I can barely afford the leg to go with the arm that would be needed to grab that puppy....
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X