Are these DiMarzio's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these DiMarzio's?

Anyone? They were pulled from a D'Agostino Benchmark guitar, ca. 1977-79.

They look like SD's with the hex screws but I would research those numbers with Dimarzio.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Looks like Mighty Mite copys of Super D.

Comment

I am thinking that is is an old Carvin pickup because of the 3 screws on one side and 1 on the other. It would be pre-Carvin multipole humbuckers.

Comment

OLD Gotoh looked like that as well i believe. the holes in the top of the bobbins dimarzios had 2 on one side 1 on the other.

Comment

I vote Carvin they are NOT DiMarzios or Gotoh because Gotoh has a solid back plate.DiMarzio like j2379 stated the holes in the bobbins are different.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

What color are the wires?
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I think they were a in house brand pickup. Those guitars were made by the EKO custom shop in Italy(?). So I'm guessing they were either made by EKO or in maybe in Japan. I know they arent old Carvins because the side with the 2 screws, they're to far apart and if i remember right the would have covers and 2 rows of phillips head screws not allen head.

Comment

Thanks for all the help and opinions. The wires are yellow/blue/red/black/bare.

Comment

those are ibanez pickups. 99% sure. i just sold ones that had the same baseplate design which uses oversize mounting screws. plus that yellow and blue wire rules out most other companies.

-Mike
                    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

dimarzios have the logo on the back

Comment

Originally posted by Erez
                        dimarzios have the logo on the back
                        Not some OEM Dimarzio models

I also would rule out Carvin pickups, unless they used hex poles at one time or another and I don't recall seeing that in the 70's or 80's. Also the 2 and 1 mounting screws, Carvin in the 80's had 2 and 2 mounting screws and a proprietary mounting ring as that was one of the few pickups (Peavey had 2 and 2 mounting ones on early 80's guitars) with them, but I digress, I can't see Carvin going from 2 and 1 to 2 and 2, then back to 2 and 1 mounting schemes.

Side note anyone know WHY Carvin abandoned their 2 and 2 mounting scheme? I need a few mounting rings and Carvin themselves don't make them and basically told me I am screwed unless I find them used.

Comment

Mike the creme Ibanez pickups in my AR50 which is an 82 model IIRC, has the 2 and 1 mounting but I don't remember the mounting screws being oversized and they don't have hex poles, but the traditional slugs/screws. Maybe there were pickup with hex poles on their "Destroyer" model maybe? I think the ones I have are called Super 70's or is that Super 80's? I never looked into Ibanez pickup research at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X