Kahler question, return point.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler question, return point.

On my blue jackson, I am having a bit of difficulty getting the trem to return to pitch when using the bar to dive bomb. It returns either sharp or flat. Naturally, if you don't use the bar...you're ok....but I like to from time to time and have not had this problem on two other guitars which we're equipped with a kahler.

I checked a site Sanctuary linked me to...but haven't really hit the nail on the head to solve the problem.

Setting up the kahler isn't too bad at all...hopefully some help/feedack will get this problem solved.

Thanks in advance.

One problem I had on my Kahler was the string lock - pull it off and check to see if the strings have worn grooves in the lock. If so, they won't lock.

Another problem is the string rollers. You can try oiling them with a little 3in1 oil. I used bore oil, and that's worked fine too.

Also - do you bend the wraps of the strings at the ball end? Give them a little bend over the cam and they'll seat better.

My khaler stays dead in tune after I replaced the string lock and oiled the rollers.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah in my experience worn string lock, sticky rollers, sticky cam bearings, and worn springs can all cause this problem (in order from most to least common.)

Comment

Working...
      X