• quick wiring schematic

allrighty jcf'ers im in a jam and i need this one FAST

ok, 2 seymore duncan humbuckers

1 volume, 1 tone,

5 way switch a la ibanez.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/diagrams/2005/RG1527.pdf

ok, thats the one from the official website, now can someone translate that into what it would be for seymore duncan wire colors?

i dont know really whats going on wiring wise, i just know how to follow simple shematics, and i know how to solder.

Comment

If the 5-way is just to give you split coils (regular 5-way as opposed to a Super Switch), then I think this is it:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...y-w-split.html

Comment

www.guitarelectronics.com
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by dg
          If the 5-way is just to give you split coils (regular 5-way as opposed to a Super Switch), then I think this is it:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...y-w-split.html
          whats the differnece between a super switch and a 5-way?

Comment

From the schematic you posted for that guitar, it looks like it has a special switch of some kind. A super switch or mega switch allows for you to make combinations like outer coils of both pickups, inner coils of both, etc. Jackson also has their Special 5-way Switch. Did the Ibanez have DiMarzios in it? If so, I think this is the right color conversion for the wires:

Dimarzio wire color SD wire color

Green = Green
            White = Red
            Red = Black
            Black = White
            Last edited by dg; 07-14-2006, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg
              From the schematic you posted for that guitar, it looks like it has a special switch of some kind. A super switch or mega switch allows for you to make combinations like outer coils of both pickups, inner coils of both, etc. Jackson also has their Special 5-way Switch. Did the Ibanez have DiMarzios in it? If so, I think this is the right color conversion for the wires:

Dimarzio wire color SD wire color
              Green = Green
              White = Red
              Red = Black
              Black = White
              the ibanez was bone stock, and i believe that the pickups are BASED on dimarzio's, but not actual dimarzio's.

thanks though, i do appreciate it.

Comment

Just checked the specs & it has a V8-7 in the bridge, a V7-7 in the neck and the Ibanez Special 5-way switch. The color codes aren't popping right up easily, but someone at the Petrucci forum says they're not the same as DiMarzio, fwiw (which probably isn't much). Someone here will know the Ibanez color codes for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dg
                  Just checked the specs & it has a V8-7 in the bridge, a V7-7 in the neck and the Ibanez Special 5-way switch. The color codes aren't popping right up easily, but someone at the Petrucci forum says they're not the same as DiMarzio, fwiw (which probably isn't much). Someone here will know the Ibanez color codes for sure.
                  hmm, i wired it up according to what you said, and the bridge pickup seems to be working ok, but the neck pickup is very thin, and the whole wiring job as a whole is VERY noisy.
                  Last edited by guitar08man; 07-15-2006, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Gotta know what the color codes are for the original pups to know which leads for the Duncans correspond. Another twist is that the V7 is splittable and the V8 is not, and your Duncans are both splittable. One approach would be to try to find info on the Ibanez special switch that'll guide you through starting fresh with the Duncans, ie. where do the hot leads go, where to attach the coil-splitting wires to get which combinations, etc. I did a quick search at Jemsite & there are some threads on the switch and color codes, but I didn't find any with good straight answers. Another way to go would be to get a new switch from stewmac & start fresh with the Duncans to get exactly the combinations you want. Wish I could help, & hope I haven't made things worse for you...

Comment

Originally posted by dg
                      Gotta know what the color codes are for the original pups to know which leads for the Duncans correspond. Another twist is that the V7 is splittable and the V8 is not, and your Duncans are both splittable. One approach would be to try to find info on the Ibanez special switch that'll guide you through starting fresh with the Duncans, ie. where do the hot leads go, where to attach the coil-splitting wires to get which combinations, etc. I did a quick search at Jemsite & there are some threads on the switch and color codes, but I didn't find any with good straight answers. Another way to go would be to get a new switch from stewmac & start fresh with the Duncans to get exactly the combinations you want. Wish I could help, & hope I haven't made things worse for you...
                      naw, ive got it like 90 percent, something with the neck pickup is throwing everything off.

im going to take it to a tech to see what he can do.

Comment

Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                        X