Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatheads?

Now that I have Ron's attention ....

But seriously I've been toying with the idea of trying to have a few of these made:

I'm thinking something like 1/8" brass would be about right. Trouble is if I want to buy 100 of 'em I can get them made for ~$20 per but if I want like 5-10 the total price doesn't go down significantly. I understand the reason for that but does anyone know of a shop that might do a short run of parts like this while keeping the price per part in a relatively reasonable range?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Not meaning to sound stupid but what the hell is that for.Most L.P.s break around the base of the headstock.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The idea is similar to the Groove Tubes Fatfinger, namely that if you add some mass to the headstock you improve sustain.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
        Trouble is if I want to buy 100 of 'em I can get them made for ~$20 per but if I want like 5-10 the total price doesn't go down significantly. I understand the reason for that but does anyone know of a shop that might do a short run of parts like this while keeping the price per part in a relatively reasonable range?
        Maybe you could talk to Dave? Even if he can't help you, maybe he has some ideas of where to go?

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
          Not meaning to sound stupid but what the hell is that for.Most L.P.s break around the base of the headstock.
          LOL!

I had a fathead on my 1963 SG Special I'm not sure if I remember what it did, but it did leave an "edge" into the headstock. Dan Erlewine wasn't too happy with me putting this on a vintage axe It's long gone on ebay. I got a pretty great price for it ($65?).

Comment

Working...
          X