IrfaanSE801 is great and patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IrfaanSE801 is great and patient

We swapped axes and while I have his ,he still doesn't have mine.Mailed it thru the post office 6 days ago and we are in the same dam state. Anyways he's being extremely patient and trustworthy which I greatly appreciate but I wanted to put it out here in the open to put him a little more at ease. Sorry about the delay dude ,its a good thing I decided to insure it. Anyway we are both checking at the post office tomorrow to see if the carrier that delivers to Irfaan is a guitar player or not.He also threw in some extra sets of strings ,what a guy. Thanks dude you are a true JCFer . Joe

It's all good bud, I've heard they take their time in sending stuff out. I'll drop by the local post office tomorrow and see what's up. Thanks for the kind words. It was great talking to ya, and I'll let ya know when I get the guitar.

- Irfaan -

Comment

Quick update...guitar came with the headstock cracked. But just so everyone knows it was in a hardshell case and the headstock bubble wrapped. It looked damned near bulletproof, but not USPS proof apparently. Damn post office, but Joe's been really great with following through on this since it left his house and getting the claim rolling. It was a pleasure dealing with ya dude. Wish it turned out different, but what can ya do. Thanks man!

Comment

Quick update and actually a question for everyone. The guitar was shipped to me on July 5th and came with a cracked neck near the headstock. Right after it happened Joe filed a claim and told me to call the post office to confirm if they needed the guitar or not. I did call them and asked them what I should do on my part and and they said nothing, it's all taken care of. I thought that was a little odd, because I still had the guitar (this was literally a couple days afterwards) and they didn't require it to process the claim I was told. The woman I spoke to said it wasen't needed and everything was fine. I took it for what it was and left it alone. After a few months (they said it could take as long as 6 months) I called to check on the claim and they would not give me any info because I wasen't the shipper and I didn't file the claim. That's understandable, but they did tell me to call back in a few weeks and they could tell me if a claim was filed based on the insurance #. They basically jerked me around for another few months, telling me to call back later until finally back in late Nov a woman told me there was no claim filed under that insurance #, and that the most logical thing that happened was that they lost the paperwork. At this point, I'm finally losing my patience with these guys.

Let me say, Joe has been great throughout all of this and has been taking time out of his busy schedule to check on this, but has also come up with no results. We've been exchanging e-mails throughout the year and have spoke twice on this. We decided to wait till after the Christmas season to deal with this because we were both busy as hell. Now, it's been 6 months and I think the time to file the claim is passed, but I'm calling the post office claims office tomorrow to be sure. Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is to ask if I should even continue to persue this or should I just get it fixed myself? I was quoted almost $400-450 to get this crack fixed. Honestly at this point I'd pay just to be able to play this thing and get this all over with. Any ideas or advice?

- Irfaan -

Oh yah, does anyone know if Charvel offers replacement necks, even if I have to send the broke one in?
        Last edited by IrfaanSE801; 01-25-2007, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Describe the neck. Maybe somebody here can help you out with one.

Comment

It's a USA Charvel, standard 1 hum w/ floyd and a maple board. I think it's from 05. Thanks

Comment

number of frets? dimensions?
              "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
              Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
              Dimebag Darrell
              Chuck Schuldiner
              Cliff Burton

Comment

22 fret, I left the guitar at my repair guy to give me an estimate of how much it would run, so I don't have the dimensions. I'll try and get them this weekend

1 11/16” nut width, 22 Jumbo frets, 25 1/2” scale (from the Charvel site)

Comment

If it is a USA Charvie it would only be 22 Frets. The specs are most likely standard unless it was a CS. Maybe put an ad in the classifieds looking to buy a neck from the same model. Good luck! Hope it all works out for you.

Comment

Just a quick update, I sent it back to the post office for round 2 and with Joe's help we're gonna try to get them to pay for the damage they did. More to come...but thanks for the replies so far!

Comment

Working...
                    X