Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about the parallel axis distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the parallel axis distortion?

Did anybody try that out? What body/neck wood with it?
    I'm thinking about swapping the Duncan Distortion in my maple neckthrough alder wings & maple 3/4 arched top Rhoads and was wondering what you guys would try out, considering I'm looking for a bit more harmonics (think pinched ones), but overall EQ is fine to me, and maybe more crunch/attack to it.
    I've already tried a BL 500XL but it was way too bright, and not what I expected at all, as well as an Invader, which was great for soloing, but a tad muddy as far as rhythm would go, but maybe I didn't play enough with the pickup height...
    Any idea?

The PA is a good pickup, I had one in the bridge of my Dinky as long as I owned it and never had a complaint about it and I replaced the neck pickups all the time. I would say that it would sound alot like the other DunDist that you took out but a bit brighter. I too have an invader in one of my guitars but am not pleased at all.
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

There's three different Parallell Axis models... the Distortion model PATB-2, the Blues Saraceno model is the PATB-3, and the regular Original model is the PATB-1.
      Check out their tone chart for a comparison. http://www.seymourduncan.com/compareTones/
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ToeJam > Yeah, I know this chart, I've seen it already and I've tried to use it already too , but I'd rather have some "human ear" comments on this rather than stone cold specs, even with the EQ specced out, it's more useful to me this way Thanks for the help though (by the way, I was referring to the distortion one, as displayed in the title )
        gtrcollectr > thanks You didn't notice any difference in gain/crunch?

Comment

Working...
        X