Adding fret inlays to COW 7 string sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding fret inlays to COW 7 string sig

are there any 'issues'/things to consider if i wanted to get fret inlays added to a Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string sig model? (polished ebony fretboard)

I'm thinking standard dots at the moment (with double dots on 24th as well as 12th)

Is this is fairly easy procedure for a skilled luthier or would the frets cause problems etc?

anyone who knows or can recommend someone for the job in the UK I'd be grateful of any contact details.

cheers
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Not a problem for most luthiers or others that have done it. The procedure is straight forward. The dot recesses are drilled with a bradpoint drill bit, or if they have a CNC sometimes with a flat milling bit. Basically you pick the diameter and type of inlay dot you want, and the bit is sized accordingly. The dots are glued in and many times no surface sanding is required. If you want the dots to match the radius of the fretboard perfectly some sanding or blending is needed. If you want the dots "pretty close", this is an easy task.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

you may also need to expect a refret with that. dots may not be as much of a hassle, though.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
      X