Tremolo page - please check for errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo page - please check for errors

You tremolo experts, I just re-worked the Tremolo Info Project page on my site, so if you can spare a moment, please check it and see if you agree on the info or have additions.
    Remember to force refresh in your browser to see the changes!

There's some new info on the page as well.
    Thanks!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

What else is updated besides tremolo info project?

And put up some more pics and info about that CS Soloist! Everytime I visit your cabin, the link for it doesn't work .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
      What else is updated besides tremolo info project?
      Since when?
      Today I just worked on the TIP.

Sorry 'bout the CS Soloist. Haven't gotten around to post pictures of that one yet. I just mounted some new pup rings on it, which I got 2 freakin' years ago from Dave! 2 years! I can't believe how little guitar modding I'm doing at the moment. Damn house renovation!
      Henrik

Comment

Well, being under a rock started something. And "That's a good thing.":ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
        Last edited by fett; 07-09-2006, 07:15 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Good info, Henrik. Two minor issues. You mention that the Schaller JT-590 has: "All parts interchangeable with Original Floyd Rose® bridges." Obviously the barrel lock screws from the Schaller won't fit the thinner Floyd Rose.

And you may wish to preface the 'JT-590 vs. Floyd Rose' by saying that's your opinion that the Floyd is superior. I too have played both for 20 years and have not found the knife edges of the JT-590 to wear faster. Might depend on your level of trem use, but again, it's an opinion. There is no difference in tone between the two bridges either. Of course, that's just my opinion.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750
            Obviously the barrel lock screws from the Schaller won't fit the thinner Floyd Rose.
            That's true and I even make a big issue of it myself on the page. That particular sentence is taken directly from a Jackson catalog, but even so you're right, I probably should edit it to note (again) the thick/thin issue.

Originally posted by charvel750
            And you may wish to preface the 'JT-590 vs. Floyd Rose' by saying that's your opinion that the Floyd is superior.
            In the main preface it says: "The comments included are mostly my personal experiences."
            Maybe I should repeat that in the JT-590 preface

Thanks again, Joe!
            Henrik

Comment

Excellent revision Henrik! Thanks for the work and it is an invaluable resource with the tremelo info page as well as the other pages. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Where are the Kahlers??
                I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                X