BC Rich Acrylic Mockingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Acrylic Mockingbird

I just bought one like this at the fleamarket http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Rich-Mockingb...QQcmdZViewItem The good news I only paid $60 for it. The bad news is the head broke off at the nut. It looks like a clean break. Any bright Ideas on how to fix it? http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Rich-Mockingb...ZViewItemarket
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I'll bet you could weld it back on with a mig.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

a very good epoxy would work perfectly. Of course mark is usually right although in this case, I'd braze it -
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Duct tape, and lots of it. Duck is the best brand.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I thought about brazing and duct tape, but wouldn't those both hurt the tone? I suppose you could change the pickup though. Speaking of tone, does a plastic guitar sound better with an OFR or a hardtail?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I hear the best bridges for those are made from transparent aluminum -
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think that welding or brazing is too hot. I would try soldering it. You could even use one of those cold soldering irons.

Comment

Epoxy and dowels would be the way to go on that one,but I am not sure how easy it would be to find acrylic dowels.
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I will go to Lowes tomorrow. I bet I can something that will work for acrylic dowels at the fleamarket. I've never used a MIG. They scare me.

Comment

Email BC Rich. Ask them what kind of epoxy they use.
                    Use that one, or a better one (American!)..and 2 or 3 dowels.

Good buy.

Comment

..Wouldn't you have to ground it to weld with a mig?
                      Last time I checked, Acrylic isn;t very conductive. I dunno tho... my dads Miller is in pawn.

THere is such thing as a plastic welder. Not sure how efective they would work in this situation.

Comment

Well, I tried messing with my Dremel on a piece of scrap acrylic getting the feel for drilling holes. I tried all kinds of bits at different speeds. All I can say is, working with acrylic sucks. I don't think I can do the job. Any derring do guys out there who wants to tackle this? PM me.

Comment

These things had a habit of breaking off. Hence they changed to a wood headstock later on...
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Call BCRich and tell them it got looser and looser over the years and finally just fell off. Tell them you want a replacement. sound angry.

worth a shot right?

Comment

And threaten to kick them in the nuts... they'll cave...
                              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Working...
                              X