Need Help with Floyd Rose Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Floyd Rose Post

I was playing my BC Rich Last night and went to pull back on the Floyd. I noticed the whole post on one side is sliding up and down. What is good fix for this ?
    Thanks

Wrap aluminum foil around the post and tap it back down. That's assuming the hole ain't broke.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by SGplayer; 07-14-2006, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Epoxy!!!! What is he wants to take it out some time in the future?

Comment

bushing rising

Yes,
          It is the bushing rising up and down. I will get it fixed tonight
          thanks

Comment

Isn´t this covered to some length in the tech sticky? There might be some useful info there.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War
              I was playing my BC Rich Last night and went to pull back on the Floyd. I noticed the whole post on one side is sliding up and down. What is good fix for this ?
              Thanks
              Well there's the problem right there, you were playing a BC Rich!
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

You don't need to use epoxy. Wood glue will do just fine. It will hold it in place, but if you ever need to remove it, it will break free with some pressure. The epoxy will work, but you might never get it out again wthout taking a chunk of the body with it.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                  You don't need to use epoxy. Wood glue will do just fine. It will hold it in place, but if you ever need to remove it, it will break free with some pressure. The epoxy will work, but you might never get it out again wthout taking a chunk of the body with it.

I've also used wood glue with great results. I'm partial to Titebond II.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II
                    I've also used wood glue with great results. I'm partial to Titebond II.
                    +1, I'm a Titebond II fan myself
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Agree with the woodglue. I stick with the original formula Titebond.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I knew about the wood glue. Curses!!! Foiled again.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                          Epoxy!!!! What is he wants to take it out some time in the future?
                          How about applying heat to the insert with a soldering iron.
                          Last edited by Fretfrenzy; 07-08-2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fretfrenzy
                            How about applying heat to the insert with a soldering iron.

Or just not using epoxy to begin with! The best way I've found was to wet the hole with a little water and let it dry. The wood will swell just enough to make the insert fit nice and tight again.
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                              Or just not using epoxy to begin with! The best way I've found was to wet the hole with a little water and let it dry. The wood will swell just enough to make the insert fit nice and tight again.
                              That's different!

Comment

Working...
                              X