Trem problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem problem...

I've got a non-recessed original Floyd trem on my Wayne. Every time I use the the trem, the guitar goes way out of tune. Almost a full note. If I pull back on the trem, it seems to go back in tune for the most part.

Maybe the trem isn't returning all the way back into position after a dive? Is that a problem with the springs? Maybe need to oil something?

Check to see if the knife edges on the trem are worn down. Then check to make sure the nut is locking the strings. Then check to make sure the trem posts arent very lose in the inserts. If all else fails, a new set of springs couldnt hurt.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Also check and make sure your trem is sitting nice and level with the body. It almost sounds like you may need to tighten the (2) trem claw screws so there will be enough tension to bring it back to pitch. This would be pretty common if you've recently switched to heavier gauge strings.

Comment

Have you stretched your strings enough before locking down the nut? Tune to pitch, bend, pull the strings off the board until they go out of tune, tune up again, repeat the process until they stay in tune, then lock down the nut.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X