"The Key"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Key"

Has anyone tried this tool for setting floyd rose intonation? How successful of a experience did you have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=7266

Also, in the search for buying equipment for doing my own setup's, can anyone recommend a good tuner for the job? Or, does a basic tuner do the job?

-Nate
    Last edited by nateb; 07-05-2006, 03:47 PM.
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Looks like the tool should work, but I don't have any experience with one. For tuning, any tuner will work, but the best IMO is a Strobe like the one's made by Peterson.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thank you once again Bengal =)

-Nate

Comment

I've got one. I haven't used it yet, but I've got one! It should work easy enough, though. You just put it on the locking clamp and adjust.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks neat. But it takes all the fun out of using your fingernail and trying to lock the screw with the other hand.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: How do you get the Allen Wrench into the hole if the string is in the way?
          Last edited by fett; 07-05-2006, 04:22 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

How do you get the Allen Wrench into the hole if the string is in the way?
            Excellent point young jedi.... I guess once you get it set properly, detune the string and tighten up the saddle screw.

-Nate

Comment

That makes sense. Doh:ROTF: . But that's no fun.:ROTF: I have nothing but time, so I would rather spend hours doing something like floyding around with a Fuck.:ROTF: :ROTF:
              Last edited by fett; 07-05-2006, 05:20 PM.

Comment

no need to detune the string, just move the string over with your dickbeaters and tighten the damn thing!

by the way, I have one of these and they work great for original floyds!
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Why make a complicated thing easy? Then you can't get pissed off and spend hours doing it and then get it done and feel happy?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

I've had waaaayyy too much experience doing that so I gave it up for the easy way out from now on......... :ROTF:
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
                      I've had waaaayyy too much experience doing that so I gave it up for the easy way out from now on......... :ROTF:
                      Ya, but you have a life and a tool and I have neither.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                        How do you get the Allen Wrench into the hole if the string is in the way?
                        Ball end allens rock.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

In looking at the tool, you can only move the saddle back and not forward. Seems like it could have been made better by making a piece that is adjustable from the rear of the string clamping screw.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

WTF!!!! I see how it works and it will do both ways.
                            Last edited by fett; 07-05-2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

It takes me at least an hour to intonate a Floyd. I tune to pitch, check the intonation, then detune so that I can loosen the saddle lock screw. After moving the saddle forward or backward, I tighten the saddlw lock screw, tune to pitch again, and check the intonation again. I rarely get it spot on on the first or second try. Multiply the time consumed and frustration caused thereby by 6, and you get the idea.

I wish I had a "key". They don't make them anymore, or at least they don't sell them where I live
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                              X