j90c question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j90c question

Ive got 2 different kinds. The older? kind that has the raised jackson logo and require the large pickup rings and has Jackson embossed on the bottom. I just recently got one that has a smooth cover with a painted logo, fits in a normal pickup ring and has no Jackson on the bottom. Should I expect it to sound the same as the older one? Are they both made at the same place, to the same specs? Is one considered to be any "better" than the other?

To my knowledge they are the same pickups. I have both types and to me they sound similar enough to say they are the same. Not sure if they were made at the same place or not though. I do wonder why they stopped making these shortly after they released the one with the silkscreened logo on the cover???

Comment

Are you sure the later of the rings may have been enlarged.Just a thought.Any of the covered J-90cs should have the larger opening in the ring.
      I feel there is a difference in the tone of the ones stickered Made in USA as opposed to the 90s blank bottomed ones.And a big difference in the ones with the embossed Charvel logo.JMO anyone else want to chime in?
      Last edited by straycat; 07-01-2006, 11:01 PM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The flat bottomed one has a silkscreened logo and fits in a standard pickup ring. Also it doesnt have the pole screws sticking out of the bottom. Are we talking like usa made versus korean made or were they all made in the U.S.? These were used in the 90's?

Comment

hello- I have a J90C in my Charvel Fusion Deluxe '90/91. It has no cover and nothing is written on the front. It has the Charvel logo stamped on the back along with a small white sticker with J90C typed on it. If you look at this catalog scan... http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page20.htm the giutar on left has a covered pickup and the one the guy is holding doesn't. That one looks exactly like my guitar, even the color, but mine has rosewood board. So did they put out two different style pickups? I assume they're all the same, but could never confirm this. When I googled for images all the fusions I saw had the covered pickups.
          karl
          Last edited by memphiskat; 07-04-2006, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by memphiskat
            hello- I have a J90C in my Charvel Fusion Deluxe '90/91.
            I have one too with the stock pickups. I think they sound real good.

Comment

Working...
            X