Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good passive pup for a DMXG?

Hi all,

I have a DMXG with EMG 81 in the bridge, and an 85 in the neck. At first, these pups really blew me away, but I find my style getting away from the metal, and more into the tonal stuff. I also miss splitting one of them coils for clean stuff.

I tried the 85 in the bridge, but that was a litte too fat and I had a hard time pulling harmonics out of it. The 81 sizzles like crazy, but it's dry and never seems to change tone no matter what I do, and I have tried the 18v mod but that just made it even sound more trebly to me...

So im thinking of giving my brother the emgs for his really under powered cheapo Warlock and putting some decent passives in the DXMG, any suggestions? The only other passive thats been in there, were HZ-3s and I thought they were way to dark. On a side note, I put them hz's in my bros warlock and they sound brittle, and here's a wierd thing, I had to wire them seymour duncan style, white to red wire, and black as the hot, though emg says solder off white and black, I couldnt get it to work otherwise....

Ehhh anyhows, back to the subject, any good ideas for passive pups that would sound rich, but still give a good metal sound in an Alder? body DXMG?

Thanks!
    Dv

get a seynour duncan dimebucker in the bridge pup and a dimarzio super distortion in the neck. then u can play any thing metal and still have a clean sound. back when i had my lp i had that same setup i could play blues 1 min the go to slayer the next. and u can get pinched hermonics insanely eazy with the dime bucker. lets see a dime bucker is $89.99 and a sup dis is $85.00
    so for $175.00 u can do it all!

Comment

Working...
    X