Replacing a JT6 Trem with lfr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a JT6 Trem with lfr

i have a mod 4 charvel and i just bought a licend floyd rose from a friend it is chrome. i was wondering how hard will it be to change it out?
    and i would like to kno how to paint the jackson skull paint job!

bump! plz help

Comment

Depends on the trem. Model 4s have a non-recessed bridge route and use a 42 mm block, so the block on the licensed floyd may be to short as many of those come with a 32 mm block for recessed applications. However blocks are replaceable. As far as post spacing, you should be fine if it's a typical licensed version like a JT-500 or JT-580. Do you have any pics of the floyd you intend to use?
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

yes i will post 1

mine currently has a jt-6

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHROME-Floyd-Ros...QQcmdZViewItem
        Last edited by clomon; 06-29-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

The trem will fit (from post to post anyway), but you will have to replace the block.
          -Rick

Comment

You will have to do some routing and filling for the neck humbucker.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Either the picture of that licensed FR is decieving or there is little to no knife edges on that trem. Looks more like a bevelled edge at best.

Curious why you are swapping out the JT-6 as it's probably a better trem than the one you are replacing it with.

Comment

i tryed to have a d tuna put on my jt-6 but does not work and the trem bar keeps falling out and it just worn out when i bought it at a pawn shop i kno that i was going to haft to buy some things for it like it did not have a string lock on the head so i had to get 1. so currently i am buying a 81/85 set of emg's for it and a new paint job for it. and the new trem

Comment

bump!

Comment

Why on earth are you spending good money on an EMG 81/85 set and a new paint job and then putting a POS trem on it?
                    Buy a real Floyd and call it good.
                    Last edited by rjohnstone; 06-30-2006, 04:06 PM.
                    -Rick

Comment

why do u talk so rude to people u dont kno?

Comment

and i hate the jackson pups. i play metal (Black label society)and thy just dont have the output i want aka zakk wylde sound. and the paint if flakeing so it needs a good paint job

Comment

I wasn't trying to be rude... just asking a simple question.

Of all the upgrades you're doing, why are you putting a cheap trem on it?
                          Makes no sense.
                          That trem you posted from ebay is a hunk of junk.
                          -Rick

Comment

that is not the 1 i went with! i just wanted to sho what i was thinking about.
                            also every 1 say the jt-6 is a hunk of junk!

Comment

The JT-6 is a hunk of junk, but still better than most Floyd copies.
                              If you can't afford a new OFR, hunt around for a JT-590.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X