Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody here ever light a guitar on fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody here ever light a guitar on fire?

or blow torched one ala zakk wylde? i have a naughty idea for this plywood body that i have.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Not personally, but I saw this cool website last year where somebody videotaped the burning of an Ibanez! I wish I could find that site.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I burned a pink Ibanez pro-line in 87', harder to burn than you think. If I were to do it today I would choose a guitar with a pickguard like a strat, once plastic gets going it should burn right up! The fumes I'm not sure about though..........
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Only when I'm playing BLAZINGLY FAST!
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I've done it on several occasions. I did it with a BC Rich Warlock body. I'd spray a light coat of lacquer on it...let it dry for a few seconds, and then torch it. Repeated that several times, and then put a few shadows on it...it came out pretty awesome looking....cleared over it completely.
          The repetition was to burn it evenly...the shading part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
            I've done it on several occasions. I did it with a BC Rich Warlock body. I'd spray a light coat of lacquer on it...let it dry for a few seconds, and then torch it. Repeated that several times, and then put a few shadows on it...it came out pretty awesome looking....cleared over it completely.
            The repetition was to burn it evenly...the shading part of it.
            thanks for the tip, you got any pics?
            www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

I lit the neck on fire! After smashing it in to the lollicolumns in my garage(girl trouble). The remains of the headstock is all I have left.

Comment

Burning a guitar body for the sake of "art" sounds pretty cool, but to burn a guitar (or smash a guitar) as part of some "stage show" is pretty lame IMO.

Comment

Tell that to the ghost of Jimi Hendrix!
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

friend did it to a warmoth body. the paint was weak and thin (home made paint job) so it burned easily and looked cool as hell. just some WD-40 and some matches

Comment

I kind of want to burn every guitar at the store I work at...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
                        I kind of want to burn every guitar at the store I work at...
                        Sam Ash? :ROTF:
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

GC
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't burn - EXPLODE!

Rig up some fireworks ala ACE or Priest.

Comment

Friend of mine bought a carvin neckthru blank and made a mahag body with floyd... after about 2 years he couldnt get a string in tune, kept winding the string, kept being flat.... then he hears a slow motion crunching sound while winding the tuner.... the body SELF DESTRUCTED! He was hearing the wood crush from the string pressure...

He was so disgusted, he did light the body on fire. Unfortunately, I missed the BBQ....

I hope he still has the neck, it's probably fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X