Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

duncan distortion or dimarzio super distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duncan distortion or dimarzio super distortion?

which do you like better and why?
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

I'm a Dimarzio Super Distortion fan all the way, my first aftermarket pickup back in 1980. The Dimarzio has alot of bottom end & highs, lacking a little in the midrange which I like. The Duncan is good but a little too much midrange for me.

Comment

If anyone needs to know which one I like better and why, then they haven't been members here long enough.

Comment

both good pups. I own em both and like em both. I actually thought the Dimarzio had more midrange and the Duncan had more high end. Im getting rid of my trem spaced distortion, didnt really make a great impression on me

Comment

My first aftermarket pickup I bought was a Duncan Custom, trem-spaced, and it made a damn good impression on me that years later when I wanted to try a Distortion pu for something a little different I got another Duncan for my home-made guitar (bridge position) - and yes, it too is damn good! Oddly enough, I ended up getting a Dimarzio Distortion for the neck in that same guitar, mainly cos it was on sale cheap at GC ($30 used) and was double creme which is what I was looking for and which is kind of a pain to get this color from Seymour Duncan.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

duncan distortion simply because it it much closer to the EMG 81 tone wise than the dimarzio
            the dimarzio is great ,i prefer more 81 type crunch though and the duncan wins there
            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
            X