Electrics troubleshooting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrics troubleshooting...

Good news! I got my first Jackson today!
    Bad news! I can't get the bastard to work!

Okay, so my RX10D arrived today. I spent a while admiring it and playing it unplugged, and then I decided to plug it into my V-Amp to see what the stock pickups are like. So I plug it in and I'm not getting any sound through the headphones. I checked all the wires etc, all seemed fine. I plugged in my old guitar and got it playing fine through the V-amp, but I still can't get the Jackson to play.

So, I connected it to my PC through my Boss Metal Zone pedal - just guitar to pedal in, pedal out to sound card in. If I record, the wave I get shows that there IS a tiny amount of signal coming through, but it's incredibly quiet. The guitar only has a volume knob and a 3-way switch, so needless to say, I've tried fiddling with those and nothing makes a difference.

I can't help but wonder if I'm missing something really really obvious here, so can anyone suggest anything else I might try? I don't have an amp here but my Peavey combo is at my parents' house so I might take it along later and try that, but I can't imagine it'll be any different...

Damn!

This can be ignored (or deleted by a mod) - I sorted it out. Phew.

Comment

Whadja do....turn up the volume knob?
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
      X