Jackson Tuning Pegs, where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Tuning Pegs, where to buy?

Had a collision with our singers mic stand and busted one of the black Gotoh tuners on my Charvel. Thank god it only hit the tuning peg and not the head stock....

I see lots of the online places sell the same Gotoh tuners, but they don't have the Jackson logo. Anyone know where I can buy one that has the logo?

thanks

Go to a music store in your area and ask them if you can rumage around in their parts bin I'll bet you will find one.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a nice set I'd trade you for a set of non-logo'd ones.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Can you pop off the back dust cover/cap, like on Schallers or the import knockoffs (like from Jin Ho)? If so, you could just swap caps from your broken one to the new, non-Jackson one...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1
          Can you pop off the back dust cover/cap, like on Schallers or the import knockoffs (like from Jin Ho)? If so, you could just swap caps from your broken one to the new, non-Jackson one...
          I went through this while I was new on this site. There is a way to get them off and it's pretty easy. I think if you get a socket that will surround the body of the tuner and get it braced so the tuner will go down, like two pieces of wood, and hit the socket and the cap should pop off. If I am wrong, sue me. Some even have a little hole where you can just pop them off.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

yep, that worked. thanks for the tip!

Comment

Cool...I had to do it a while back (had some stripped ones with the Charvel silkscreened on them)...got some inexpensive Jin Ho's and swapped out the dust covers, and - voila! - new tuners! It was a straight swap, as they make most of the tuners on a lot of the lower-end import J/C guitars....glad it worked out!

Comment

Originally posted by Big D
                yep, that worked. thanks for the tip!
                If you are referring to me, you're welcome. When I asked the same question 2 years ago, all these guys said was buy new tuners. Maybe they are smarter now. I know I am.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Actually, both of your tips helped. Now I just need to figure out where I can buy a replacement tuning peg that has the same angle on the screw hole as the Jackson ones. The Schallers screw holes don't line up...

Comment

Are they actual Gotohs or Schallers? Got a pic you can post by any chance?

Comment

Are they actual Gotohs or Schallers? Got a pic you can post by any chance?
                      I was surprised considering this was a custom shop Charvel, but they are indeed Jin Ho's. I think they're the same dimensions as the Gotohs. The screw hole definitely doesn't line up with a Schaller. Anyway, I ordered a Gotoh and hopefully it will fit.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X